PASFAA Finance and Development Committee Update
Submitted by Linda M. Anderson
Business Partners Update:
On April 12, 2021 PASFAA Executive Council approved a $400 credit, for those Partners who exhibited at the Fall 2020 Virtual Conference. President George Santucci made this proposal in February. The credit will be applied towards the selected 2021-22 option.
The Finance and Development Committee, Executive Council and several other committees have been working on an exciting array of Business Partner Options for 2021-22. Of particular interest is:
- Partner webinars will continue for the 21/22 year. They were initially offered to Partners in 2020-21 and have been very well received. A choice of webinar will continue to be offered: educational, product/service or a combination of both.
- New for the fall 2021 conference: Conference in a Box. The PASFAA Fall Conference Committee and Council have agreed that the first 200 fall conference registrants will receive a box of items from Business Partners who have chosen an option that includes exhibiting. More details on this will follow in the June outreach email to Business Partners which will cover all of the 21/22 Options available.
Budget Process for 21/22:
Members of the committee will be reviewing all budget requests on May 24th, which will then be reviewed and approved by Council on June 14th. Thanks to Robin Walker and Amy Terkowski for organizing our review process.
We continue to be successful in our simultaneous focus on creating a budget reflective of reasonable, realistic requests, that also meet PASFAA’s outreach and professional development objectives, within a balanced budget.
Volunteers are critical to our success. This has never been more evident than in the past year. The collective talents, expertise, creativity and hard work is what makes PASFAA unique and able to deliver so many benefits to our membership. Our volunteers are passionate about what they do!
Each of us has an individual reason to volunteer and find personal and professional reward in doing so.
When PASFAA members are asked why they have volunteered, several of their responses are noted below:
- I felt I could contribute in positive ways.
- To gain perspectives outside of my college, regionally and nationally.
- To build a resource of expertise from among my colleagues that I could access and ultimately become part of.
- To grow my leadership skills and those of others.
- To build personal and professional relationships.
- To “pay it forward”.
Thank you to the members of the F&D committee for volunteering their time:
- Melony Ohalek, Director, Business Development, Sallie Mae
- Robin Walker, PHEAA Higher Education Access Partner, Northeast Region
- Amy Terkowski, Assistant Director, Student Financial Services, Wilkes University
- Crystal Ondrick, Assistant Director of Financial Aid, The University of Scranton, Treasurer, Ex-Officio member
- Jeff Lippincott, Financial Aid Counselor, University of Scranton, Treasurer-Elect, Ex-Officio member
- Colleen Coudriet, The Pennsylvania State University, World Campus, Assistant Director of Admissions and Financial Aid, PASFAA President-Elect, Ex-Officio member
- Nathan Walch, Associate Director, Financial Assistance, Villanova University
- Christy Snedeker, Associate Director of Student Financial Services, Wilkes University
I encourage all of you to consider volunteering. You may view the roles of each committee and volunteer at: