All students applying for the PASFAA Scholarship must meet all of the following requirements:
- Pennsylvania resident – If you are 18 years of age or older you must be a Pennsylvania resident for at least the 12 consecutive months before you file the FAFSA (excluding any time you are enrolled in a Pennsylvania postsecondary school, if you came into or remained in Pennsylvania for the purpose of attending a school or college). If you are under 18 years of age you must have a supporting parent or guardian who has been a Pennsylvania resident for at least the 12 consecutive months before you filed the FAFSA.
- Enrolled at least half-time, in a degree-seeking program in a post-secondary institution of higher education OR a diploma/certificate program in the Nursing or BT&T Sector only
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and have completed 30 credits or the hours equivalent from a post-secondary institution of higher education at the time of application
- Scholarships are non-renewable, but students are welcome to reapply
- Preference will be given to applicants attending schools that are part of the PASFAA membership
- No more than one scholarship per year will be given to each of the following sectors: Business Trade & Technical, Nursing, Private Four Year, Public Two Year, PASSHE, State- Related and Graduate Schools.
The PASFAA Scholarship is made possible by the association and generous donations from members. PASFAA will award seven, $1,000 scholarships.
Selection Panel and Process
The panel consists of representatives from several sectors. A member of the scholarship panel will remove him/herself from the process when a student from their institution is being considered. Scholarship winners will be selected based on their academic achievement and the content of their written statements. Each member of the panel will individually rank each applicant’s material.
Deadline for returning applications to Committee Chair
May 1 – 31
Review and selection of scholarship recipients
Send letters of congratulations to recipients
Announcement and presentation of awards at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee
Post names of winners (and school) on the PASFAA Website
Distribution of Funds
PASFAA will distribute checks at the Fall Conference, if the winner or school representative is present. If not, check will be mailed. Winners must supply social security number for tax purposes. The Financial Aid Office must verify that the student is enrolled and in good academic standing. This scholarship is designed to reduce debt – it is not to be used by the institution to replace or reduce grant or other scholarship funds. If the student withdraws from the school prior to the scholarship funds being applied to their account, all scholarship money must be returned to the PASFAA Scholarship fund.