Assistant Director, Operations
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid is part of the Financial Aid Team reporting to the Sr. Associate Director. This position requires a broad knowledge of Financial Aid, the ability to effectively manage projects with tight deadlines, and assist in the University’s commitment to their strategic plan.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Review, verification, packaging, and counseling of population of students; Participating in professional development and training programs in order to obtain necessary training and regulatory updates and, representing the University and the Office of Financial Assistance through participation in on and off-campus presentations and events. This person will work with the Senior Associate Director of Financial Assistance in matters related to the day-to-day reports and operations. This position may require limited evening and weekend hours.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the review, verification and awarding of need and non-need based financial aid based on institutional, state, and federal guidelines
- Prepares and reviews daily/weekly reports and distributes accordingly; may make recommendations regarding the data management systems and procedures
- Responds to financial aid inquiries and researches and resolves problems
- Serve as backup to other staff members managing specific federal and state programs
- Review publications, mailings, printed materials, and website on a quarterly basis
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Director and Director
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Three to five years of experience in a financial aid office in an automated environment, working directly with students and parents. Experience with all aspects of Title IV aid administration and regulations required Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree preferred. Banner/Ellucian experience Experience with the College Board’s CSS Profile and institutional methodology
To apply for this job please visit www1.villanova.edu.