Manager of Student Award Programs and Compliance
Manager of Student Award Programs and Compliance
Office of the Vice President for Commonwealth Campuses
Compliance Specialist 3
The Office of the Vice President for Commonwealth Campuses (OVPCC) is seeking a Manager of Student Award Programs and Compliance. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Executive Director of Academic Services and Assessment, this position will work with the OVPCC team, the Commonwealth campuses, and University Park functional offices and will assume the following responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day coordination of the OVPCC-funded student award programs including Discover, Chancellor, Commonwealth Campus First-Year and Transfer, RaiseMe Transfers and Pathway to Success; Summer Start (PaSSS) awards. Conduct regular audits and assessment of the award programs.
- Facilitate working relationships with the Commonwealth Campus Student Aid Coordinators to ensure compliance with OVPCC funded awarding guidelines.
- Prepare operational reports, recommend improvements, and implement process changes for the Commonwealth Campus enrollment teams and leadership to improve retention of recipients of the award programs.
- Provide oversight for the Commonwealth Campus high school dual enrollment program, ensuring compliance with policies AD39 (defines child/minor, authorized adult, and mandated reporting), AD72 (reporting suggested child abuse), and HR99 (background checking process).
- Support the process to review, track and maintain clinical affiliation agreements with external partners who provide clinical experiences for Commonwealth Campus (CWC) students.
- Support the Assistant Vice President, Executive Director in the collection and reporting of allied health student background/ health information through Castlebranch and in compliance with clinical partner affiliation agreements.
- Serve as the liaison to the Office of Planning, Assessment, and Institutional Research to facilitate the annual update of campus academic program licensure information to populate the University’s Interactive State Licensure Disclosure Dashboard to comply with Title IV regulations.
- Serve as the liaison to World Campus to facilitate the collection of student internship information to comply with requirements of the University’s State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA).
- Assist in the creation and update of policies, procedures, and guidelines related to the programs.
- Provide training to staff on policies, procedures for student aid, and compliance initiatives.
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and four-plus years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The position is located at the University Park campus in the Office of the Vice President for Commonwealth Campuses but travel to Commonwealth campuses is anticipated. This position requires that you operate a motor vehicle as a part of your job duties. A valid driver’s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required in addition to standard background checks.
Successful candidates should have:
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and a demonstrated ability to provide culturally competent and inclusive services for students from historically underrepresented communities.
- Record of successful collaboration involving multiple constituencies and the ability to promote a culture that is conducive to effective relationships among diverse team members geographically dispersed.
- Working knowledge of student aid policies and procedures and compliance concepts.
- Ability to interpret and communicate data, information, and instructions both verbally and in writing, adapting new solutions into group processes.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills are required.
- Proficiency in the use of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, or similar student information systems and in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is desired.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
To review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters and policies, please go to https://police.psu.edu/annual-security-reports, which will also explain how to request a paper copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Pennsylvania State University
To apply for this job please visit psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.