Financial Aid Coordinator (Enrollment Services Specialist 3)
The Penn State Office of Student Aid is seeking a Financial Aid Coordinator to collaborate with academic advisers to increase communications between the student, their financial aid adviser, and their academic adviser; creating a support system for student success. The Financial Aid Coordinator will work with other University departments such as Admissions, Bursar, Student Financial Services, Financial Literacy, Academic Colleges, Housing, and Registrar. This position will report to the Director of Student Services & Outreach for Student Aid. The work of this position impacts Penn State’s approval to participate in Federal and State Student Aid programs which comprise the majority of the $1.2B in student aid funding at the University.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
· Coordinate timely responses to incoming communications for the Office of Student Aid Email Response System. This role touches multiple programs, processes, policies, and regulations needed in the effective administration of Student Aid.
· Develop and maintain an expertise in federal, state, and institutional regulations and policies.
· Establish and maintain strong working relationships with, and functional knowledge of, other University administrative units, such as the Office of the Bursar, Office of the Registrar and Student Financial Services to resolve issues which impact the administration and delivery of student aid.
· Provide financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding all aspects of the financial aid process and eligibility requirements for federal, state, and institutional student aid programs via email, in-person interactions, and virtual presentations and discussions.
· Assist students and their families with developing strategies for how they will finance their education at Penn State.
· Review of financial aid applications to determine whether professional judgment can be applied in making exceptions with the knowledge that all exceptions are subject to audit and for resolving cases referred by other staff that requires special handling or problem-solving.
· Maintaining in-depth knowledge of, and review of, relevant federal and state regulations, and University policies and procedures prior to implementing new services or initiatives.
This position is based at University Park.
Education and experience:
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher plus one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous training experience a plus. Requires moderate-level knowledge of complex federal, state, and University aid regulations, policies and procedures. Also requires working knowledge of Zoom and Microsoft PowerPoint.
This position requires a high level of comfort with public speaking as well as experience in giving presentations.
The following background checks must be successfully completed for this position:
This position will require successful completion of standard background checks.
At Penn State, passion is met with collaboration in an environment that is rooted in shared pride for the accomplishments of our fellow students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Penn Staters cheer each other on to build a culture committed to service and engagement. Our University values represent our core ethical aspirations for all our daily activities and actions as students, faculty, staff, and volunteers at Penn State. Our values are as follows; Integrity, Respect, Responsibility, Discovery, Excellence, and Community.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at: https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-University-Park/Financial-Aid-Coordinator–Enrollment-Services-Specialist-3-_REQ_0000040431-2
To review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters and policies, please go to https://police.psu.edu/annual-security-reports, which will also explain how to request a paper copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Pennsylvania State University
To apply for this job please visit psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.