Financial Aid Counselor
- Penn State Berks is hiring a Financial Aid Counselor. The primary role of this position is to educate and assist prospective students and their families with the financial aid process from application through the disbursement of funds into their account before they are students and after matriculation to the University. This position provides continued financial aid counseling for all current Penn State Berks students. This position provides support at events where financial aid information is being shared such as high school financial aid nights, First Year Seminar classes, and more. This position is the lead communications person for the financial aid team, and reports directly to the Assistant Director of Financial Aid.
- Provide daily financial aid functions including counseling and providing information for current and prospective students and families
- Work closely with the Bursar’s Office to help students explore ways to pay current and past-due bills. Work proactively and reactively with students to resolve outstanding balance issues
- Serve as the main communications liaison for the Financial Aid Office. Updating website information, social media updates, email updates to students, staff, and faculty on campus
- Serve as a liaison for Berks Federal Work Study Program and any other wage program when applicable
- Provide education and financial literacy information to campus and community
- Complete other assignments as assigned by the Assistant Director of Financial Aid and Director of Enrollment Management
Penn State Berks
This position typically requires an Associate’s degree or higher plus 3 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires the following clearances: PA State Police Criminal Background Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance Form, and Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Criminal Background Check. The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission. CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here. Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies. EEO IS THE LAW Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473. Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster PA State Labor Law Poster Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State. Affirmative Action Penn State Policies Copyright Information Hotlines Reading, PA
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com