Student Account Specialist
Student Account Specialist
Job Profile Title
- Financial Administrative Coordinator
Job Description Summary
- Manage and process third party contracts using Banner AR module, with dollar volume greater than $30M annually; Bill third party sponsors and reconcile third party receivable account; process sponsor payments and journals and provide management reports; Higher level Banner functional skills required to perform application of payments, design queries for student account populations including financial hold and pre-collection accounts; Support Student Accounts department daily operations
The Student Accounts Specialist reports to the Director of Student Accounts. The position will process third party contracts and payments from state, private and government sponsors, including military tuition assistance, and HUP tuition benefits for dollar volume greater than $30 million. The Student Accounts Specialist will analyze and query Banner AR data to support billing, financial hold and collection processes, improve management of student account processes for targeted populations, and research and resolve account discrepancies with vendors and the Penn community. The Student Account Specialist will also be responsible for communicating with students, staff, Penn community members and vendor partners for all student account issues.
- Process third party contracts using the Banner AR contract module, collect sponsor authorizations, process military and HUP tuition payments greater than $30M annually
- Process student account financial adjustments, process sponsor payments (check and wire), work with Treasurer’s Office to research wire payments, process financial journals as necessary
- Bill sponsors for amounts due, monitor sponsor receivable, remove student account credit for overdue sponsor payments, reconcile contract receivable account, provide management reports
- Higher level Banner functional user skills required to perform application of payments, build queries for specific populations to monitor pre-collection and financial holds
- Analyze Banner AR information to identify outstanding balance issues, monitor refund process and develop targeted communication to affected students
- Review and research student account transactions, daily system output, respond to student requests requiring update to late payment penalties, account adjustments, check posting, etc.
- Assist with back to school, freshman cycle and other SRFS business processes as necessary
- Perform additional duties as assigned
University of Pennsylvania
Qualifications o HS/GED with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of related Accounts Receivable experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. BA/BS Degree in Finance or Accounting are strongly preferred. o Knowledge of bookkeeping or accounting principles to include posting of debits and credits and General ledger posting o Experience in Ellucian/Banner Suite required, Experience with TouchNet, ECSI preferred. o Experienced Excel user
To apply for this job please visit wd1.myworkdaysite.com.