Financial Aid Counselor
The Financial Aid Counselor reports directly to the Director of Financial Aid, and at their direction, is an integral part of the recruitment and retention efforts. The Financial Aid Counselor will be responsible for assisting in the overall administration of aid programs and the management of the Financial Aid Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Data entering and reviewing financial aid award information into PowerFAIDS, Colleague, National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and Common Origination and Disbursement (COD).
· Processing Return to Title IV calculations.
· Processing verifications for student’s financial aid.
· Reviewing, updating, and monitoring of PA State Grant and special program awards.
· Assisting with the College’s default management plan.
· Participates in financial aid workshops, Open House, and admissions events for prospective and admitted students.
· Supporting Financial Aid staff with follow-up correspondence for missing documents needed to finalize financial aid, general telephone calls, emails, and walk-ins.
· Assisting current/prospective students with completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE • Bachelor’s degree preferred. ESSENTIAL SKILLS • Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers • Computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook) • Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. • Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Heather Burky, Director of Employee Engagement at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org