Assistant Director of Financial Aid
JOB FUNCTION: The Assistant Director of Financial Aid reports to the Director of Financial Aid and provides immediate and comprehensive services to students and families for first year and transfer students. This is a student-centered role focused on assessment of aid eligibility for applicants, explains financing options, prepares awards, and adheres to federal, state, and College policies and procedure. The duties of the Assistant Director include but are not limited to:
1. Counsel students and parents regarding financing an education at King’s College, advising students and parents about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, available financial aid programs, costs and financial management strategies including loans, financing options, and other financial-aid related matters.
2. Administers the Federal Pell Grant program.
3. Oversees the Financial Aid Offices’ role in the King’s College endowment scholarship program and outside scholarship programs.
4. Assist Admissions and Marketing with the development of financial aid messaging and materials to engage potential students.
5. Knowledge of Veterans Affairs educational programs and benefits available to veterans.
6. Assist with verification and financial aid packaging according to policies and procedures established by King’s College.
7. Represent the College at institutional recruitment programs, conduct financial aid workshops at the College and local high schools.
Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s Degree required. Demonstrated knowledge of higher education principles, practices, and procedures. Ability to communicate both formally and informally with a wide range of contacts both inside and outside the College. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Must have the ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations and conduct financial aid presentations to various audiences. Desire to provide outreach services through strong interpersonal skills. The position requires a great deal of contact with the public and the ability to get along well with all types of people. Ability to independently perform all the duties of the position with efficiency, effectiveness, and attention to detail.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com