Financial Aid Manager
Summary of Duties:
The Financial Aid Manager is responsible for providing the overall leadership of the Financial Aid Office. Serving as the college’s chief financial aid administrator, this position is responsible for the strategic direction of financial aid to advance student access and enrollment priorities. Primary responsibilities are to provide oversight of the Financial Aid program, provide evaluation and analysis of student needs and eligibility for financial aid, review candidates to determine type and amount of financial assistance to be awarded, and coordinate assigned financial aid programs.
This is a front-line position that will require understanding and executable knowledge of Title IV (federal financial aid funds).
· Manage and process all financial aid for awarding student loans, grants, and scholarship packages.
· Reconcile student receivable accounts with the Bursar/Business Office and federal and state disbursement records. Resolves issues and concerns in a timely manner.
· Maintain and monitor the school’s financial aid data to ensure timely and accurate submission of required ROTC Go ARMY, federal, state and local reports and calculates refunds/repayments for students who withdraw from the school.
· Serve as the institution’s Destination Point Administrator.
· Establish and maintain a personalized, student-centered counseling model that promotes student financial literacy and supports the college recruitment and retention strategies.
· Interpret and apply federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to the delivery of student financial assistance to support college goals and objectives.
· Ensure the continuous analysis of current student balances and prepare management summary reports.
· Develop and direct financial aid strategies within the framework of federal and state regulations that are consistent with the enrollment management objectives of the college.
· Coordinate and administer assigned financial aid programs such as the federal work-study program and federal and institutional loan programs.
· Serve as the main point of contact for all HCM2 claims, including but not limited to:
o Field all communication regarding Department of Education complaints, requests, and HCM2 Status updates.
o Print all documents associated with HCM2 claims, including ISIR, billing statements, attendance records, academic transcripts, admissions applications, acceptance letters, award letters, and right to cancel letters.
o Assemble each file with corresponding documents.
o Address “additional documentation requests” for HCM2 claims.
· Download ISIR files from EdConnect and upload into CAMS daily.
· Manage ZOHO Start Report to support incoming students through the initial Financial Aid process, including completing the FAFSA, MPN, Entrance Counseling, and Parent Plus applications.
· Provide weekly follow-up with potential students until their Financial Aid package is complete.
· Package all new and continuing students with appropriate Title IV and scholarship eligibility.
· File and maintain physical Financial Aid student files.
· Communicate, collect and review verification, c-code, and professional judgement documents to ensure compliance.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Valley Forge Military Academy & College
Qualifications: Education: Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in a Business related field. Master’s degree strongly preferred. Experience: • 5+ years of progressive and substantive financial aid experience in a related higher education setting. Experience at a two year college a plus. • Knowledge of federal (Title IV), state, and institutional financial aid processes and regulations. • Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. • Strong customer service skills. • Time management; ability to cope with multiple interruptions and work under pressure of deadlines; attention to detail. • Must possess the ability to work well with others, including those in other departments across the institution. • Excellent computer and report writing skills including Microsoft Office Suite. • Knowledge of CAMS administrative software a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to HRRecruit@vfmac.edu
To apply for this job email your details to HRRecruit@vfmac.edu