Assistant Director (Enrollment Services Manager 2)
The Penn State Office of Student Aid is seeking an Assistant Director level position who will assist the Director of the Federal, State, and Private Loan Programs team by providing oversight and coordination of the Federal Direct Loan program for the Office of Student Aid. This individual will assist with daily processes related to federal aid origination and disbursement.
- Performing monthly direct loan reconciliation
- Transferring student monitoring
- Assisting with default prevention efforts
- Identifying system enhancements and business workflow to increase efficiency
- Assisting the Director with updates to policies and procedures for electronic processes and system configuration, set-up, and testing
Additional responsibilities include:
- Processing and troubleshooting issues of Federal, State, and University aid and private loan programs as well as communicating relevant program awarding information to all campuses, colleges, and administrative units
- Communicating with staff in the Department of Education regarding the data housed via the Common Origination and Disbursement website, and the National Student Loan Data System, as needed
- Assisting the Director of the Federal, State, and Private Loan Programs team, as needed, with overall management and supervision of the team and act in the absence of the Director to provide leadership and direction to staff
- Providing input into overall strategic planning for the office and assist in developing and implementing office-wide policies and procedures and actively participate in or lead meetings and committees related to the work of the office.
This position requires high-level knowledge of complex regulations, as this individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining a strong working knowledge of all federal, state, and University student aid regulations, policies, and procedures and contributing to the analysis of these regulations. Critical thinking skills and attention to detail are paramount to identifying and resolving processing and communication issues with students and their families, including professional judgment action affecting their eligibility for aid. In addition, this individual will provide telephone and email correspondence, and in-person walk-in advising to students/families about the student financial aid process and related issues, as well as represent the office in outreach activities including presentations and information fairs to small and large groups. This individual will coordinate with other University departments such as Admissions, Bursar, Student Financial Services, Housing, Registrar, and all other campuses to resolve issues which impact the administration and delivery of student aid.
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or higher (Master’s degree preferred) plus four years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent writing, presentation, interpersonal, organizational, and critical thinking skills are required. Proficiency in the use of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, or similar student information systems, and Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is desired.
This position is based at the University Park Campus.
The following background checks must be successfully completed for this position:
This position will require the successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
To review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters and policies, please go to https://police.psu.edu/annual-security-reports, which will also explain how to request a paper copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Pennsylvania State University
To apply for this job please visit psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.