Clerk Typist 3, Financial Aid Office
• Provide information to prospective and current students (and families) about financial aid programs, application procedures, deadlines and other aid-related information relative to federal Title IV, PHEAA, institutional, and private financial aid programs.
• Assist students/families with understanding questions on the FAFSA.
• Provide information to current students on the ramifications of withdrawing from an individual class or from the University entirely and the resulting impact on academic progress requirements.
• It is essential to have excellent phone skills and manners, and a general knowledge of the FAFSA and aid programs, which include approximately 12 federal, state, and institutional programs. The ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team, and excellent organizational skills are essential.
• Respond to high volume of calls and office visits by prospective students, parents and currently enrolled students to provide information on the aid process.
• Responsible for supporting the administration of the Federal Verification process by performing the following tasks: Request, scan and track all documents needed for “verification” for students selected. This individual is the lead for all incoming verification (and other) documents and with the scanning and indexing of this information.
• Review documents received and make determinations on readiness of file for federal verification process. Obtain clarification or additional documentation from students in cases where discrepancies exist.
• Assist the verification counselor with reports for performing federal verification on those ready to award, adhering to federal regulations that govern verification
– Answer verification questions as necessary and obtain clarification from students/families and outside agencies in cases where discrepancies exist.
BDMS/ BANNER DOCUMENT IMAGING MAMAGEMETN SYSTEM
* Serve as lead processor for BDMS. Work with IT and Associate Director to identify new functionality and procedures for integrating BDMS into the aid office operations for maximum functionality including creationt of new forms, naming convention, office training, and problem resolution.
* Leads the work of the Clerk Typist 2 who also performs verification, document imaging, and customer service to new and prospective students and families. Facilitate office traffic flow and streamline the incoming questions by best directing them to the appropriate staff member.
FEDERAL “C’ CODES
– Receive and review documents related to federal “C” codes, and clear C codes with valid documentation for auto-processing of federal aid.
GENERAL CUSTOMER SERVICE
This position requires excellent phone skils, customer service skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently. Respond to a high volume of calls and office visits by prospective students, parents, and currently-enrolled students. Assist with opening/sorting mail as necessary.
• Document, within Banner, the requests for consideration of special circumstances for students. Correspond with students regarding required forms and documentation. Special circumstances may include reduced income, unusual expense adjustments, independent status appeals, and special budget request. Maintain the proper review schedule among the directors and assign professional judgment files accordingly.
ROUTINE OFFICE RESPONSIBILITIES
• Routine phone calls, office visits, providing information of the aid process to students and parents, helping to enter electronic data regarding communication, completing forms for public assistance, private landlords, and performing any other duties as assigned by the director, associate, or assistant are among the other responsibilities of any staff member of the Aid Office. It is essential to have a good general knowledge of the financial aid process and programs.
Assist students/families with understanding questions on the FAFSA; provide guidance to students about federal and state academic progress requirements and the impact of withdrawing on financial aid eligibility.
Slippery Rock University
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org