Director of Student Financial Services
Lackawanna College is a private, accredited college serving the people of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our main campus is located in downtown Scranton, and our footprint includes satellite centers in Covington Twp., Hawley, Hazleton, Sunbury, Towanda and Tunkhannock
Our mission is to provide a quality education to all persons who seek to improve their lives and better the communities in which they live. We provide our students with a direct path to a bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or one of many different professional certifications. Additionally, our Continuing Education department helps put the people of Northeastern Pennsylvania back to work with modern career skills. Lackawanna is also one of the most cost-efficient regional higher education institutions.
If our mission inspires you, and you are willing to go the extra mile to help our students succeed, please feel free to apply for this or future employment opportunities for which you meet the minimum qualifications. We particularly encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups including women and minorities. Please know that only the candidates who meet the minimum qualifications can be considered, and only those selected for interviews will be contacted by a college representative. No phone calls, please.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES:
The Director of Student Financial Services will provide the administrative direction and leadership necessary to manage all operations within the Student Financial Services office of Lackawanna College. In the continued effort to serve the needs of all students, this position must provide the knowledge and skills to both enroll and retain students while maintaining regulatory compliance and ensuring a quality student service experience.
Student Financial Services’ primary objective is to provide the pathway for Lackawanna College students to finance their education by generating student financial aid packages and collecting remaining balances in support of the enrollment and retention processes and meet annual and bi-annual enrollment objectives. The candidate must have a broad knowledge base of state and federal regulations as they pertain to financial aid and student accounts. Candidate also should be able to counsel and advise students and staff members about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, billing, student loan indebtedness, money management and financial planning/wellness.
1. Hires, trains, develops, evaluates, and supervises employees in the Student Financial Services (SFS) Office.
2. Provides oversight and direction to the College’s student financial aid, billing and student account collection systems.
3. Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and institutional regulations, policies, and procedures related to financial aid and student accounts.
4. Develop and implement financial aid packaging strategies that maximize eligible external sources, considers students’ financial needs and contributes to the enrollment and financial goals of the institution.
5. Monitors, approves, and revises overall financial aid strategies and packaging in accordance with federal, state, and institutional regulations, laws, and policies.
6. Plans, develops, and implements up-to-date systems and policies to communicate student financial services information to students, determines financial aid eligibility, awards and disburses funds into student accounts, refunds credit balances, manages data exchanges and funds drawdowns, and performs required reconciliations and reporting.
7. Oversees the Return to Title IV (R2T4) funds process.
8. Collaborates with the Office of Admissions and Center Directors for financial aid presentations, FAFSA Nights, financial aid workshops, and other recruitment/outreach events.
9. Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications team to create materials and content for effectively communicating student financial services-related information across multi-channel platforms to students, parents and other Lackawanna stakeholders.
10. Works with the appropriate college areas to expand scholarship opportunities and effectively processes all appropriate scholarship awards to students.
11. Facilitates college-wide coordination and communications related to the Student Financial Services’ office operations.
12. Coordinates and facilitates training for the Student Financial Services team.
13. Works with the Director of Budgets and & External Reporting to develop and manage the operating budget for the Student Financial Services Office.
14. Maximizes Student Financial Services’ involvement in recruitment and retention efforts.
15. Develops and Implements a quality customer service approach for SFS.
16. Aligns annual departmental goals to the College’s strategic plans.
17. Serves as a senior leader in the Campus Operations Division.
18. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of college financial aid and student accounts policies and procedures, federal and state regulations and laws, and best practices in student financial services
19. Stays abreast of the latest changes and trends in student financial services throughout the higher education industry.
20. Represents the college in meetings with appropriate external organizations, institutions, and groups.
21. Performs other Director duties as assigned.
Interested candidates can email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY COMPETENCIES: 1. Extensive knowledge of federal, state and agency regulations for financial aid and student billing/payments. 2. Strategic leadership with the ability to coach, mentor, and drive performance. 3. Excellent communication and organizational skills. 4. Strong problem-solving, coaching and conflict-resolution skills. 5. Outstanding customer service skills and philosophy. EDUCATION: - Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Business, Finance or other related field. - Master’s Degree preferred. EXPERIENCE: - Progressively responsible experience in student financial services administration. - Management or supervisory experience in higher education is preferred. Interested candidates can email resumes to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org