Director of Financial Aid and Certifying Veterans Official
The Director of Financial Aid assumes responsibility for the integrity of financial aid, ensuring that policies are updated regularly and that internal controls are enforced. The Director is responsible for the oversight of the operations of the Financial Aid Office. The position will actively serve students and their families through financial aid related services ranging from educating prospective students about the financial aid process, awarding various aid programs, and educating students about the importance of good financial management while providing first class customer service. The Director will work collaboratively will all departments to ensure student success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Maintain all Title IV aid programs in compliance with current regulations.
· Maintain all State financial aid programs in compliance with current regulations.
· Administer all institutional funded (endowed) and non-funded scholarships according to institutional guidelines.
· Ensure students and their families are receiving first class student–focused support and service
· Administers the federal Pell Grant, FSEOG, and Direct Student Loan Programs and oversees all alternative loan programs.
· Conducts all aid recalculations (R2T4, institutional, state, etc.) due to changes in student enrollment status.
· Maintain functionality of PowerFAIDS by keeping updated on new release functions and changes. Create, update and maintain queries, reports and communication. Runs disbursement functions in PowerFAIDS and sends disbursement files to Student Accounts for posting
· Maintain and update records within PowerFAIDS
· Constructs financial assistance packages by reviewing financial assistance applications and maintaining relevant records.
· Oversight of the annual federal and state audits and program reviews to ensure compliance in all areas.
· Conducts appeals due to special circumstances/professional judgments.
· Works closely with Enrollment Management Services to package aid to optimize enrollment.
· Responsible for oversight, determining eligibility and processing student financial aid to maintain positive cash flow for the College.
· Responsible for collecting and verifying data needed for submission of the Fiscal Operations Report (FISAP) and the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data Systems Survey (IPEDS), Association of Independent College & University Presidents (AICUP).
· Oversight of the enforcement of the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy of the College for Title IV programs.
· Ensure consumer and regulatory requirements are in compliance per state and federal regulations
· Oversight of the college work study.
· Plays a key role alongside the enrollment team and continuing education to ensure students have every opportunity, flexibility and access to Johnson College with the correct education plan.
· Establish student cost of attendance budgets each year to reflect an approximation of student education expenses.
· Serve as the Certifying Veterans Official to keep VA informed of the enrollment status of veterans and other eligible persons. Keep SAA informed of new programs, changes in programs or institutional changes. Keep current on VA rules and benefits and maintain records of VA students and make available for inspection.
· Develop and implement goals and objectives for the Financial Aid office.
· Represent Johnson College to various constituencies including professional organizations, high schools, parents and prospective students.
· Prepare, manage and monitor the annual operational expenses budget.
· Work closely with Academic Advising to articulate affordability to parents of prospective and current students.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS Candidates must possess a high level of knowledge of Financial Aid regulations and be able work effectively with all levels of management. Candidates must also have excellent customer service, organizational and problem solving skills; strong interpersonal, supervisory and team building skills; and demonstrate a high level of initiative. Candidates must also have Managerial experience and knowledge of enrollment management practices relating to financial aid. TECHNOLOGY Candidate must have student processing and administrative experience with PowerFAIDS. Experience with NSLDS, COD, EDConnect and PHEAA required and Jenzabar preferred. EDUCATION Bachelor’s Degree required, master’s degree preferred. Must have 5 to 6 years of experience in financial aid with managerial experience preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org