PT Financial Aid Assistant – LCCC Allentown – Donley Center
Assists in the presentation, explanation and administration of various federal, state, institutional, third-party student financial assistance programs. Work involves varied and complex duties subject to intense regulation and requires discretion, initiative, attention to detail and person to person counseling. This job entails heavy customer contact including but not limited to face to face contact, electronic contact or telephone contact. The Financial Aid Assistant is directly responsible to the Associate Director of Financial Aid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides general financial aid information to students and prospective applicants.
· Assists students and prospective applicants with completion of any and all application forms, verification forms, and other paperwork needed to secure and maintain funding.
· The ability to use administrative computing systems such as Ellucian Banner.
· Responsible for distributing, collecting and reviewing documentation for correctness and completion.
· Responsible for scanning student documents to the college’s computer system.
· Creating and attending special events related to financial aid information and completion of financial aid forms.
· Oversees special scholarship programs particularly those that are regional by distributing and collecting data for scholarship application purposes.
· Works with admission personnel in regard to new applicants to the college and financial aid and scholarship eligibility and application procedures.
· Undertakes specialized projects, duties and/or functions as assigned
· Develops and maintains an operations manual for this position.
· Performs other duties as assigned
Lehigh Carbon Community College
Required: Education • Associate degree from an accredited institution of higher education. Certifications • Act 153 Clearances (Act 34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Cogent Clearance Fingerprinting) Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: • Two or more years’ experience in a business or financial environment necessary. • Ability to operate a personal computer and other general office equipment essential. • The ability to work with frequent interruptions and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge. • Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors: teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge Preferred: • Bilingual
LCCC Internal candidates must apply within 15 days of posting. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript through our online application system at www.lccc.edu/jobs.
To apply for this job please visit www.lccc.edu.