FT Financial Aid Assistant
The Financial Aid Department engages in a highly customer service-oriented environment between and among internal departments and with the communities and students that LCCC serves. The position assists in the coordination and administration of various federal, state, institutional, and third-party student financial assistance programs. The position involves varied and complex duties subject to intense regulation and requires discretion, initiative, and attention to detail. This job entails heavy telephone use and frequent high-level customer service contact and engagement. The Financial Aid Assistant is directly responsible to the Associate Director of Financial Aid.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides financial aid information to prospective students and parents as well as continuing students in person, telephone and email.
· Assists students and prospective applicants with completion of any and all application forms, verification forms, and other paperwork needed to secure and maintain funding.
· The ability to use an administrative computing system such as Ellucian Banner.
· Provide customer service at the service window on a daily basis and provide evening coverage as required during the year.
· Responsible for scanning and/or indexing of required documentation and other record keeping requirements.
· Performs verification of student records.
· Performs academic progress checks.
· Performs program requirement and course substitution checks
· Attends College Financial Aid workshops and other programs on campus as needed. Some travel may be required.
· Undertakes specialized projects, duties, and/or functions as assigned.
· Develops and maintains an operations manual for this position.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Lehigh Carbon Community College
Required: Education: • Associate Degree from an accredited institution Certifications: • Act 153 Clearances (Act34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance Fingerprinting) Work Experience: • Three (3) or more years’ experience in financial aid or an office environment • Demonstrated ability of utilizing software/technology • Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service • Possess a high level of accuracy, analytical and problem solving skills, written and oral skills, organizational skills. • Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities • Must have excellent communication and organizational skills. Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors; teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous personal growth.
To apply for this job please visit www.lccc.edu.