Financial Aid Processing Assistant
Job Title: Financial Aid Processing Assistant
Work Schedule: FT 40 hours per week, Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hourly Rate Ranger:$13.72 to $18.65 per hour
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Location: This position is primarily location at the Main Campus in Schnecksville but may require travel to the other sites.
The Financial Aid Department engages in a highly customer service-oriented environment between and among internal departments and with the communities and students that LCCC serves. The position assists in the coordination and administration of various federal, state, institutional, and third-party student financial assistance programs. The position involves varied and complex duties subject to intense regulation and requires discretion, initiative, and attention to detail. This job entails heavy telephone use and frequent high-level customer service contact and engagement. The Financial Aid Assistant is directly responsible to the Associate Director of Financial Aid – Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides financial aid information to prospective students and parents as well as continuing students via email and telephone.
· Reviews all subsequent ISIR transactions for accuracy and conflicting information.
· Reviews assigned SAR C codes to ensure compliance.
· Performs required verification reporting and assists with verification of student records during peak processing times.
· Performs program requirement and course substitution checks.
· Process required student communications.
· Assist with Reconciliation of Federal, State and Institutional funds.
· Assist with Pennsylvania State Grant and Special Program eligibility checks.
· Performs academic progress checks.
· Responsible for scanning and/or indexing of required documentation and other record keeping requirements.
· Assist with customer service at the service window during peak times and on an as needed basis.
· The ability to use an student information system such as Ellucian Banner.
· Attends College Financial Aid workshops and other programs on campus as needed. Some travel may be required.
· Undertakes specialized projects, duties, and/or functions as assigned.
· Develops and maintains an operations manual for this position.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED: Education: • Associate degree from an accredited institution of higher education. Certifications: • Act 153 Clearances (Act34 PA Criminal Background, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History, Act 114 FBI Clearance Fingerprinting) Work Experience: • One (1) or more years’ experience in financial aid or an office environment • Demonstrated ability of utilizing software/technology • Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service • Possess a high level of accuracy, analytical and problem solving skills, written and oral skills, organizational skills. • Demonstrated ability to work with frequent interruptions and commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities • Must have excellent communication and organizational skills. Must possess a high level of the following work skills and behaviors; teamwork/cooperation, initiative, customer service, and commitment to continuous personal growth. PREFERRED: • Bilingual Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this job please visit www.lccc.edu.