Director of Financial Aid
Position Title: Director of Financial Aid
Department: Enrollment Management
Reports To: Vice President for Enrollment Management
Work Hours: 35 hours
Status: Full-time; 12-Month Staff
FSLA Classification: Exempt
Creation/Revision Date: July 2017
Rosemont College is a community of lifelong learners dedicated to academic excellence and fostering joy in the pursuit of knowledge. Rosemont College seeks to develop in all members of the community open and critical minds, the ability to make reasoned moral decisions, and a sense of responsibility to serve others in our global society.
Rooted in Catholicism, Rosemont welcomes all faiths and is guided by the principles of Cornelia Connelly and the Society of the Holy Child Jesus to meet the needs of the time.
Rosemont College values: Trust in and reverence for the dignity of each person; Diversity with a commitment to building an international community; Persistence and courage in promoting justice with compassion; Care for the Earth as our common home.
This position is under the general supervision of the Vice President for Enrollment Management with responsibility for the Office of Student Financial Assistance and administers the student financial aid program including federal, state and local funds.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE*
• Manages and supervises all financial aid processes for awarding student loans, grants, and scholarship packages;
• Develops and monitors the Financial Aid Office budget including personnel needs, departmental operating expenses;
• Identifies regulatory changes, their impact on the workflow for student awarding and documents them. Updates policy manual, IT, and workflow procedures to maintain compliance with federal and state financial aid requirements
• Develops student costs of attendance (individual student budgets) including tuition, books, fees, room and board etc.
• Monitors college work-study expenditures, students’ satisfactory academic progress, federal and state grant expenditures, etc.
• Reconciles student receivable accounts with the Business Office;
Director of Financial Aid Position Description- 2017.07 – 2
• Interprets and applies federal laws and regulations; college policies and regulations; and state regulations relating to the delivery of student financial assistance;
• Oversees all administrative functions of the Financial Aid Office by supervising, providing ongoing professional development opportunities, and evaluating all full-time and part-time employees;
• Calculates refunds and repayments for students who withdraw from school;
• Ensures that the College has exception-free Financial Aid audits and program reviews by keeping abreast of and implementing all federal and state laws and regulations that pertain to the programs administered by the Financial Aid Office;
• Maintains College’s Financial Aid data to assure timely and accurate submission of required federal, state and local reports;
• Develops and directs financial aid strategies within the framework of federal and state regulations that are consistent with the enrollment management objectives of the College and by administering financial aid, scholarships and student employment programs that support student recruitment and retention;
• Familiarity with and a level of expertise working with Administrative Systems like Jenzabar and experience working with PowerFaids;
• Contributes to student satisfaction through delivery of quality customer service in all aspects of the administration of financial aid and student employment services;
• Ensures that students are informed about their eligibility for financial aid by developing and directing a system for collecting and evaluating applications, and for the timely and effective awarding of all types of financial aid;
• Maintains confidentiality of information exposed to in the course of business regarding students, supervisors or other employee’s;
• Other duties as assigned.
* PLEASE NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibility that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibility and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s degree preferred) in student personnel or related area and a minimum of three years of increased administrative responsibilities for financial aid programs at a college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs;
• Ability to deal effectively with a diverse student body;
• Ability to commit to a team-building approach;
• Experience with need analysis, counseling, and packaging aid;
• Ability to work under pressure to meet timelines and objectives;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work flexible work schedules including evenings as needed;
NON-DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT Rosemont College is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment practices or in its educational programs or activities based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. It is our intent that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
• Bachelor's Degree (Master's degree preferred) in student personnel or related area and a minimum of three years of increased administrative responsibilities for financial aid programs at a college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience; • Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs; • Ability to deal effectively with a diverse student body; • Ability to commit to a team-building approach; • Experience with need analysis, counseling, and packaging aid; • Ability to work under pressure to meet timelines and objectives; • Good interpersonal and communication skills. • Ability to work flexible work schedules including evenings as needed; SKILLS, ABILITIES, TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s preferred) • 3+ years of related experience • Creative problem-solving skills • Excellent customer service skills • Excellent written communication skills • Demonstrated supervisory and team-building skills Director of Financial Aid Position Description- 2017.07 - 3 • Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail • Ability to complete projects with minimal supervision • Ability to work independently and on a team • Ability to work within strict deadlines • Strong computer skills • Knowledge & skill in the use of integrated software systems • Ability to communicate effectively • Ability to work extended hours as needed • Detail oriented and organized • Must possess a valid driver’s license • Ability to work weekends as needed • Ability / availability to travel • Must display a good representation of the College • Proficient with Microsoft® Office Products (especially Word and Excel) • Proficiency with Internet to use as resource, research and work tool • Good interpersonal skills – ability to work well with Faculty, Students and Staff • Excellent oral communication skills (i.e., ability to deal effectively with others; speak professionally on the phone, etc.)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com