Student Financial Services Counselor
A Financial Services Counselor is a highly motivated professional who is responsible for maintaining knowledge base and of federal, state, University and institutional student aid funding as well as regulations and procedures, while providing professional assistance to students in an active, fast paced environment, working as part of a team as well as independently with little supervision. The Financial Services Counselor is responsible to advise and assist students with financial services and continuity to ensure compliance with federal/state regulations and procedures. Organizational skills as well as a demonstrated ability to protect confidential records and communications are a must, along with strong computer and software skills. Evening, weekend and some travel will be required for this position.
• Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University as demonstrated by the University Ideal Characteristics. As we are an equal opportunity employer committed to Franciscan values, all employees share responsibility for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the performance of their roles while demonstrating service orientation, respect for all, intellectual curiosity, solution focus and innovation, and mutual accountability.
• Educate students on budgeting, debt management, and alternative ways to manage expenses associated with a college education
• Counsel students and families in obtaining federal, state and private funding, and establish whether students meet required criteria for the funding
• Respond to questions, requests for financial aid information in person, by phone & email
• Assure consistent application of office policy & procedure
• Represent the University on and off campus at recruitment events, financial aid information sessions, and open house events
• Maintain strict confidentiality of all activities in the Office of Student Financial Services
• Participate in professional development opportunities and professional organizations on the regional, state, and national levels including: PHEAA, PASFAA, NASFAA, PowerFaids, etc
• Serve as a one of the office VA School Certifying Official (SCO) and liaison to the Department of Veteran Affairs and PA State Approving Agency
• Responsible for verifying partnership and tuition reimbursement eligibility for prospective and current students
• Assist office with student file completion, packaging, review of award changes, importing/exporting of files through EdConnect and reconciliation with COD, processing of R2T4 calculations, payment plan set up and adjustment, taking and posting payments to student accounts, and other duties as required.
Commitment to the mission statement, core values and goals of Alvernia University. • Bachelor’s Degree required • Two to three years of progressive financial aid experience preferred • Experience with PowerFaids, Power Campus, NSLDS, COD, EdConnect preferred • Exhibit professionalism and strict confidentiality at all times • Willingness and ability to work as part of a team as well as individually • Demonstrate strong interpersonal and customer service skills across varied audiences such as students, families, staff, alumni, and the community • Ability to manage multiple projects with time-sensitive deadlines, working as part of a team as well as independently with little supervision, and additional hours as needed • Ability to diffuse difficult or emotional situations with students and/or families • Possession of a valid driver’s license, and ability to travel to off-site locations. • Ability and willingness to rotate work schedule between days and evenings. • Ability to work some weekend hours. • Promote Franciscan ideals and adherence to the Mission of the University.
Interested individuals may apply at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=1b9ea04c-142e-4aa7-8d21-45439ca5b76b&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.