Financial Aid Counselor
Basic Function: Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Counselor is responsible for advising current students, parents, and prospective students on the financial aid process. In addition, the Financial Aid Counselor is also responsible for completing federal verification, processing loans, and troubleshooting, in addition to other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
– Counsels and advises students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, and options.
– Completes Federal Verification of all information supplied on the student’s aid application.
– Responsible for managing financial aid office general email inbox and voicemail and responding to inquiries and questions.
– Provide excellent customer service to perspective and continuing students and their families regarding all aspects of financial aid.
– Perform Verification process, award, package, and process financial aid in compliance with all Title IV, State, and Institutional guidelines.
– Collaborate with departments across campus to provide student enrollment support.
– Assist with the administration of PA State Grant programs, Federal Work Study, and Institutional Advancement scholarship programs.
– Update the Financial Aid webpages.
– Participate in all on and off-campus financial aid related events.
– Perform related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES 1-2 years customer service experience. Ability to counsel audiences ranging from parents to high school students, undergraduate and graduate students. Must be in good standing with all Federal programs. Ability to handle and maintain records with clear audit trails. Ability to work independently. Windows, Word, Excel; Microsoft Outlook. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor’s degree required. Knowledge of Ellucian Banner. 1-2 years experience working in a college/university setting
Applicants can apply online at: https://jobs.cabrini.edu/postings/2308
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org