Assistant Director of Financial Aid
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Aid, the Assistant Director is responsible for overseeing the verification processing of student files, loan processing and reconciliation, and the Federal Work Study Program. This position will assist the Director of Financial Aid in the general operation of the Financial Aid Office so that it meets federal and state compliance regulations, as well as the Director of Financial Aid’s own standard of office service to students and the University.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Works closely with the Director of Financial Aid on Banner system uploads and downloads. Works closely with the Director of Financial Aid on Banner testing and implementation of upgrades and patches. Helps Director of Financial Aid to ensure that office staff maintains a quality customer service orientation toward all clients.
· Assist with the administration of all PA State Grant programs, Federal Work Study, and all Institutional Advancement scholarship programs.
· Is the primary loan officer for Federal Direct and Alternative loan programs, including the processing, disbursement, monitoring and auditing of all loan programs.
· Perform Verification process, award, package, and process financial aid in compliance with all Title IV, State, and Institutional guidelines.
· Provide excellent customer service to perspective, new, and continuing students and families regarding all aspects of financial aid.
· Is the liaison between FA Office and Business Office for the return of all loan funds, Federal Direct and alternative.
· Verifies information supplied by students and families by reviewing supporting documents to determine eligibility of aid. Reviews documentation for “C” code cases.
· Works to ensure timely turnaround for all aid applications received.
· Counsels students, prospective students and their families regarding availability of various student assistance programs and the application process.
· Works in collaboration with the admissions office in providing financial aid information to all applicants.
· Attends Admission events as needed
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Two to Three years customer service experience; Commitment to working in a team enrollment management environment; Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills; Working knowledge of applicable federal, state and institutional regulations, policies, and guidelines; Ability to relate well to diverse constituencies: prospective students and their parents, adult students, graduate students, faculty and staff; Ability to deal effectively with students having financial aid problems and financial needs; Ability to handle and maintain records with clear audit trails; Effective computer and data management skills; Ability to work independently and to supervise appropriate office staff. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required; One to three years financial aid experience in higher education; Advanced knowledge of Ellucian Banner software preferred.
Applicants may apply online at: https://jobs.cabrini.edu/postings/2341
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cabrini.edu.