Financial Aid Counselor
Position: Financial Aid Counselor
Reports to: Director of Financial Aid
About Moore: Moore College of Art & Design is a historically all-women’s undergraduate college that has evolved to admit nonbinary and trans undergraduates, as well as co-educational continuing education and graduate students. Founded during the original industrial revolution to advance women in new fields, under principles of inclusivity and opportunity, our mission is more relevant than ever, as technology, sustainability, and diverse cultures drive and influence new and existing industries. We strive to create a community of employees and faculty that mirrors our student body and offers a range of academic perspectives in their fields. We welcome candidates who value diversity and support the inclusive culture we seek to nurture at Moore. The world needs Moore. For more information, visit moore.edu and follow us on social media @moorecollegeart.
Benefits: Moore College of Art & Design offers a time off package consisting of 41 days paid throughout the year for holidays, winter break, vacation and personal days. In addition, we provide 2 weeks of sick time and offer a great benefit package including health, dental, and a 403b plan with an immediate match and 100% vesting.
Purpose: The Financial Aid Counselor assists students with the financial aid process.
· Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Two or more years of customer service experience.
· The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of students and parents.
· Multi-tasking skills & excellent organizational skills as well as excellent problem solving skills and follow up skills.
· Previous experience with PC based software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to work as part of a team and to provide a high level of customer service to students.
· Two or more years of experience in financial aid or student financial services setting and knowledge of financial aid regulations.
· Knowledge of computer based financial aid packaging and reporting systems, preferably Powerfaids, or the ability to learn new computer applications quickly.
1. Assist incoming students through the financial aid process, in person, over the phone and via Zoom.
2. Weekly packaging of incoming students and annually repackaging all returning students with new financial aid as new award year aid forms are processed.
3. Participate in conducting entrance and exit counseling sessions for students with Stafford and Perkins loans. Notify lenders of the students last date of attendance.
4. Certify loan applications on a timely manner to enable funds to be disbursed as scheduled.
5. Weekly follow-up on loan application status. Contact parents and students regarding problems with their loans. Contact lenders when funds are not disbursed when expected.
6. Monthly follow up on delinquent borrows to help prevent default Stafford loans.
7. Manage the Federal Work-Study program including overseeing the payroll, monitoring student balances and facilitating work assignments.
8. Complete Verification for all students selected by the federal government. Contact parent and students on a weekly basis of incomplete verification.
9. Weekly meeting with Director to discuss loan and verification status and to discuss any problems or training issues.
10. Participate in conducting financial aid presentations at Moore College of Art & Design’s Open House.
11. Understand and keep informed of changing federal regulations.
Other duties and projects as assigned.
Interested candidates send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: Moore College of Art and Design; email: HR@Moore.edu.
The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, handicap or disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other College-administered programs and employment practices. Retaliation is also prohibited. To read our full compliance statement please visit: https://moore.edu/non-discrimination-policy/
Moore College of Art & Design
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com