Financial Aid Counselor
Position: Financial Aid Counselor
Reports to: Director of Financial Aid
Purpose: The Financial Aid Counselor assists students with the financial aid process.
1. Assist incoming students through the financial aid process including daily packaging and phone contact with students and parents to follow up.
2. Annually repackage all returning students with new financial aid as new award year aid forms are processed.
3. Participate in conducting entrance and exit counseling sessions for students with Stafford and Perkins loans. Notify lenders of the students last date of attendance.
4. Certify loan applications in a timely manner to enable funds to be disbursed as scheduled.
5. Weekly follow-up on loan application status. Contact parents and students regarding problems with their loans. Contact lenders when funds are not disbursed when expected.
6. Monthly follow up on delinquent borrows to help prevent default Stafford loans.
7. Manage the Federal Work-Study program including overseeing the payroll, monitoring student balances and facilitating work assignments.
8. Complete Verification for all students selected by the federal government. Contact parent and students on a weekly basis of incomplete verification.
9. Weekly meeting with Director to discuss loan and verification status and to discuss any problems or training issues.
10. Participate in conducting financial aid presentations at Moore College of Art & Design’s Open House.
11. Understand and keep informed of changing federal regulations.
Other duties and projects as assigned.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
No physical demands. Office settings.
The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, handicap or disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other College-administered programs and employment practices. Retaliation is also prohibited. To read our full compliance statement please visit: http://moore.edu/about-moore/non-discrimination-504-titleix
Moore College of Art & Design
Requirements: · Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. · Two or more years experience in financial aid or student financial services setting and knowledge of financial aid regulations. · Student counseling experience and the ability to communicate with a diverse group of students and parents regarding financial aid. · Multi-tasking skills & excellent organizational skills as well as excellent problem solving skills and follow up skills. · Knowledge of computer based financial aid packaging and reporting systems, preferably Powerfaids, or the ability to learn new computer applications quickly. · Previous experience with PC based software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint. · Ability to work as part of a team and to provide a high level of customer service to students.
To apply: send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: Moore College of Art and Design; Attn: Director of Human Resources; email: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org