Financial Aid Assistant – Front Desk
The Financial Aid area is a fast-paced, time sensitive office, focused on servicing our students and the campus community, in a warm and welcoming manner.
The Financial Aid Assistant – Front Desk, under the direction of the Associate Director of Financial Aid, will provide front-line service and direction for family questions related to the financial aid process. This role is responsible for disseminating financial aid information to families and other constituencies. This includes but is not limited to, answering the phone, responding to emails, greeting visitors, providing entry-level answers to all inquiries before referring to a financial aid counselor, opening and distributing mail, and performing data entry functions. In addition, the employee provides administrative and clerical support to the financial aid office staff.
Employees must understand the mission of Catholic Higher education and be committed to the core values, mission, goals, and objectives of Holy Family University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Greets guests and ensures a quality experience at every level for the students and their supporters.
● Maintain a commitment to excellent customer service, working with prospective and current students, their families, and other visitors and contacts through the office.
● Manages email along with telephone and answering system, answering questions and transferring calls to other office personnel as appropriate.
● Welcomes, advises and counsels students and families regarding financial aid questions and concerns, including application questions and document processing.
● Assists with the sorting and data entry of all incoming documents relative to financial aid application processing.
● Generate and assist with all outgoing mail projects, correspondence, and reports, including financial aid tracking letters and financial aid offer letters through Colleague Communication.
● Coordinates ordering office supplies.
● Provides administrative and clerical support to the financial aid office for varied projects.
● As a visible agent of Holy Family University, the highest standards of conduct, attitude, confidentiality, and appearance are expected in all aspects of performance.
Holy Family University
Qualifications: ● High School Diploma required. ● Receptionist experience preferred. ● Working knowledge of financial aid is preferred. Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities: ● Computer literacy is essential. This role is only successful through the utilization of the latest technology available. It is expected that the person in this role has an intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. ● Full commitment to customer service is needed to excel in this role. ● Exceptional telephone etiquette. Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, as are attention to detail, planning and multi-tasking skills, and self-motivation. ● Strong office administration skills, proven ability to work as a team player, and sensitivity to matters of confidentiality. ● Willingness to learn financial aid policies and processes.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Holy Family University seeks to foster an inclusive and healthy educational and work environment based on respect, the dignity of each person and the oneness of the human family. The University prohibits harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and bias incidents in any form, including, but not limited to, those based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, military/veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, employment policies and practices, financial aid programs, athletic programs, and other school-administered activities and rights and privileges generally accorded or made available to employees and students at the University. Holy Family University complies with Title IX of the U.S. Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), a federal civil rights law that prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in education programs and activities. Holy Family University is dedicated to ensuring an environment free of discrimination or harassment of any kind, and promotes equal opportunity and inclusion in its education programs. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation to the application, and/or interview process should notify Human Resources at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org