Associate Director of Financial Aid
Reviews, verifies, and awards federal, state, and institutional financial aid.
• Counsels students and parents concerning financial aid, billing, and financing options.
• Responsible for the administration of one or more financial aid program(s) (eg – Direct Loan Program, PHEAA, Work Study, Endowment).
• Assists the Director in administration of all financial aid programs, in formulating financial aid policies and in overseeing the operation of the financial aid office.
• Responds to emails and telephone calls regarding financial aid eligibility and policies.
• Assist the director with administering financial aid for the online programs.
• Represents the Office of Financial Aid at events including, but not limited to, graduate and continuing studies open house events and undergraduate Blue and Gold Days.
• Manages department website content with current federal and institutional guidelines, applications, and financial aid forms.
• Delegates tasks to support staff including the tracking of Common Scholarship application information, as well as preparatory and follow-up work.
• Assists the Office of Admission in student recruitment efforts.
• Participates in professional activities and training.
• Keeps current on State and Federal regulation updates.
• Other related duties as assigned.
# of Direct Reports 2
La Salle University
• Bachelor’s degree • Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a higher education financial aid environment • Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of constituent groups • Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, utilizing databases, and internet search software relevant to the position • Must be in good standing in all Federal Title IV programs • Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University Preferred Qualifications • Demonstrated experience in financial aid within higher education • Experience using Ellucian’s Banner Financial Aid module • Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours • Evening and weekend work may be required during peak work times.
To apply for this job please visit lasalle.peopleadmin.com.