Director of Financial Aid
Manages and supervises all financial aid processes determining eligibility and awarding of Title IV and non-Title
• Develops and monitors the Financial Aid Office budget including personnel needs, departmental
• Develops student costs of attendance including tuition, books, fees, food, and housing etc.
• Monitors Campus Based aid expenditures, students’ satisfactory academic progress, scholarship
expenditures, federal, state, and institutional funds expenditures.
• Reconciles all Title IV funds with the Business Office monthly.
• Interprets and applies federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations relating to the delivery of
Title IV and non-Title IV funds.
• Oversees all administrative functions of the Financial Aid Office by supervising, providing ongoing
professional development opportunities, and evaluating all employees.
• Calculates tuition refunds and possible refunds to students who withdraw from the college.
• Ensures that the College has no findings in Financial Aid audits and/or program reviews by keeping
abreast of current federal and state regulations pertaining to all programs administered by the Financial
• Serves as the VA Certifying Official.
• Maintains College’s Financial Aid data to assure timely and accurate submission of required federal,
state, and local reports (FISAP, IPEDS, PHEAA).
• Develops and implements financial aid strategies for the completion of all FAFSAs applications, the
collection of all required documents, the determination of award eligibility and disbursements of aid
that are consistent with the enrollment management objectives of the College.
• Utilizes and maintains the current Financial Aid module in the College’s student information system
(SIS). Ensures that PowerFAIDS system is used effectively, and that processes and product
enhancements are up-to-date and user/student friendly.
• Contributes to student satisfaction through delivery of exceptional customer service in all aspects of the
administration of financial aid.
• Ensures that students are informed about their financial aid eligibility by directing them via PowerFAIDS
system for viewing and accepting/declining or adjusting their financial aid.
• Maintains and protects the privacy of student education records via The Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA)
• Produces reports and analyzes data as needed.
• Responsible for the monitoring of Satisfactory Academic Progress for financial aid recipient
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Abilities • Bachelor’s Degree (master’s degree preferred) a minimum of five years of increased administrative responsibilities of financial aid programs at a college or university • Knowledge of awarding and disbursing federal, state, and institutional aid programs utilizing PowerFAIDS • Ability to interact with administration, and faculty to discuss financial aid issues, and how it may impact the students • Ability to commit to a team-building approach • Experience with need analysis, counseling, and packaging aid • Must have commitment to student success and great customer service skills • Good interpersonal and communication skills • Ability to effectively use data for analysis and assessment • Strong communication skills (writing, speaking, editing) • Ability to work independently on complex projects • Ability to meet deadlines
Apply Interested individuals should send a cover letter, résumé, and the names and contact information for three work-related references by no later than May 10, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org Review will begin immediately. Westminster College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, enhancing learning through diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com