Financial Aid Officer
FINANCIAL AID OFFICER, DOUGLAS EDUCATION CENTER
The mission of Douglas Education Center is to provide students with a quality education to succeed in their chosen field of study and to provide employers with well-trained employees.
The Financial Aid Officer will guide students through every aspect of the financial aid process by a series of seamless transitions from the application process through graduation.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience working in a financial aid office is preferred.
• Experience with income tax preparation or review is preferred if no prior experience in a financial aid office.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel skills) and other industry related software such as COD, NSLDS, FAA Access and Campus Management.
• Skills must include: exceptional customer service, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, strong math skills, strong work ethic, reliable, must be a self-starter and must be able to multitask.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Guide students through every aspect of the financial aid process by a series of seamless transitions from the application process through graduation.
• Work closely with various departments such as: Admissions, Business Office and the Education Department.
• Provide information to students regarding financial aid program requirements and procedures.
• Fully package and repackage financial aid awards using credit hour standard term and non-term methodologies.
• Evaluate and award federal aid based on eligibility.
• Evaluate and award other sources of financial aid such as: veterans funding, state grant aid, agency funding, etc.
• Maintain and review student files for both accuracy and completeness.
• Interpret, apply and comply with federal, state, agency and institutional regulations governing financial aid and maintain current working knowledge of guidelines/regulations relating to financial aid.
• Administrative tasks such as: managing a particular funding source for maintenance and reconciliation or managing a particular segment of financial aid such as default management and prevention.
• Utilize the internal Campus Management System for updating and reports.
• All other duties as assigned.
Douglas Education Center
Apply via the indeed url:https://www.indeedjobs.com/douglas-education-center/jobs/fcaf1fa5d62167860fb1 or email resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit www.indeedjobs.com.