Financial Aid Specialist/Loan Officer
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases related duties may also be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Reviews all need-based files to ensure all required verification has been completed and all necessary corrections have been entered and submitted to the Department of Education
· Reviews and certifies all Federal Direct Student/Parent Loans in compliance with pre-determined requirements for loan eligibility.
· Ensures that all students/parents have completed the required Master Promissory Note Applications and Entrance Counseling for student/parent loans.
· Modifies financial aid packages based on changes in enrollment level, budget adjustments, additional aid, etc. and communicate changes in eligibility to students and parents.
· Notifies borrowers who have withdrawn, graduated or dropped to less than half time of the obligation to repay their loan and complete exit counseling.
· Completes the required steps to originate and disburse Pell Grants, SEOG awards Direct and alternative loan payments.
· Provides financial aid information to students, parent and prospective students.
· Transmit Institutional Student Information Records (ISIRs) and Direct Loan data files using EDConnect and Common Origination & Disbursement (COD) systems; ensure timely and accurate data transmissions; monitor ISIR transactions and changes as well as NSLDS enrollment reporting to ensure federal compliance standards are met.
· Reviews daily registration reports to ensure students are enrolled in required courses and make adjustments to pell/loans if required. Analyzes financial data for compliance with Federal/state and institutional requirements.
· Adjusts and disburses Federal and State aid as well as institutional, foundation and outside scholarships as well as ensures proper disbursement of funding from outside agencies including, OVR, Job Training, TAA and VA
· Revise and update all financial aid verification forms and letters on an annual basis.
· Performs financial aid presentation and workshops.
· Maintain current knowledge of applicable federal, state, and institutional regulations and standards to ensure compliance.
· Reviews required and submitted verification items and request any missing documentation or signatures.
· Assists students and parents in the completion of federal and state applications including: completing the FAFSA, applying for a FSA User ID and password, obtaining their tax transcripts and completing the MPN and Entrance Counseling.
· Places follow-up phone calls, sends emails or additional tracking letters to students who are in jeopardy of having their registration deleted.
· Follows-up and responds to Zendesk tickets assigned to the financial aid office in a timely manner.
· Performs other departmental related duties as required.
Community College of Beaver County
This full-time staff union position reports to the Executive Director of Finance and Financial Aid and ensures the timely processing of financial aid awards, including awarding and disbursement of Federal and State grants, Federal and private loans, as well as institutional and community funding. This role accurately records Federal and State aid with the Department of Education and PHEAA. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor’s degree required. Familiar with the financial aid process and related software Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with the students, public, and co-workers. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Please submit resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com