Financial Aid Advisor
Delaware County Community College (DCCC), located outside of the Philadelphia Metro area, is looking for a talented and dedicated Financial Aid Advisorin our Financial Aid Office to join our team of diverse higher education professionals who are committed to student success.
The Financial Aid Advisor provides guidance and assistance to current and prospective students who wish to apply and maintain eligibility for financial aid programs administered by the DCCC Financial Aid Office. The individual in this position also helps students understand regulations governing these financial aid programs while strictly enforcing them to ensure the College’s continued access to these funds. The Financial Aid Advisor also markets the benefits of a college degree, particularly an associate degree or certificate from Delaware County Community College. In the course of this work, the Financial Aid Advisor interacts with financial aid and enrollment services staff, other campus colleagues, and colleagues from other colleges and universities, students, parents, representatives of federal and state agencies (e.g., auditors), and members of the public. These interactions are primarily opportunities to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
1. The Financial Aid Advisor will be a “generalist” and will comprehensively advise all students regarding financial aid opportunities, application processes and eligibility, either individually or in groups.
2. Provide in-person, phone, Zoom assistance with FA eligibility and FA offer acceptance; the application and verification processes; aid programs; costs; debt; aid limits.
3. Lead the Satisfactory Academic Progress committee and review student appeals for students wishing to continue receiving Financial Aid with sensitivity and objectivity and while keeping in mind the overall progress of the student to completing their degree with DCCC within the required timeframe.
4. Systematically review the College’s financial aid delivery processes to make sure they are working for our students and suggest improvements to FA Director while bearing in mind the need to remain in compliance with Federal and State regulations.
5. Provide FA information sessions, on and off campus, to high schools for prospective students and their families, high school guidance counselors and other interested groups at Admissions Office events, HS Financial Aid/FAFSA completion nights, college fairs, and other related gatherings.
6. Monitor Financial Aid email inbox and communicate with students and families via email, phone or virtual meetings to relay information about student’s eligibility or to request further documentation to determine eligibility. Troubleshoot disbursements and packaging issues.
7. Maintain a broad working knowledge of the enrollment process, student services, and programs offered by the College to help both prospective and continuing students navigate DCCC.
8. Package Financial Aid after review if file is complete and assist in summer session Pell grant awarding.
9. Travel to and/or maintain a recurring presence at DCCC branch Southeast campus as needed.
10. Perform occasional direct call campaigns to prospective, new and current students to encourage completion of Free Application for Federal Student Aid, promote scholarship opportunities and answer general financial aid questions.
12. Other duties as assigned to maintain office workflow and provide excellent customer service to all students.
Delaware County Community College
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of four (4) years of Financial Aid experience preferably in higher education setting as well as a demonstrated commitment to student-centeredness. Knowledge of FERPA privacy regulations and the ability to handle confidential information required. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related field of study or equivalent combination of education and experience is required, Master’s degree preferred.
For immediate consideration, interested candidates can apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/dccc
To apply for this job please visit www.schooljobs.com.