Financial Aid Counselor/Coordinator of Grant Processing
The Financial Aid Counselor is a primary point of contact for students and parents in need of financial aid counseling. This position also manages several major and critically important financial aid programs and processes, while also participating in many other Financial Aid Office operations, such as creation of financial aid packages.
• Has primary responsibility for management of data flow between Messiah University and outside databases for all state and Federal student aid grant programs including, but not limited to, the Pennsylvania State Grant, state grants from states other than PA, and the Pell Grant.
• Also has significant responsibility for student/parent counseling for general inquiries and Admissions Office visits.
• Does significant work in completion of financial aid packages.
• Coordinates verification of financial aid application data.
• Coordinates the processing of professional judgement cases.
• Acts as backup for Loan Processing Coordinator, carrying out loan processing tasks in absence of Coordinator. This position will receive significant cross-training in all aspects of loan processing.
• Maintains external scholarship website
• Maintain consistent and reliable attendance
• Effective interpersonal skills in student and family counseling. • Excellent written, oral communication, and organizational and management skills. And a working knowledge of Federal and state regulations affecting financial aid programs. • Financial Aid Management Computer systems experience HIGHLY PREFERRED. • Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines • Ability to work and relate well to both on- and off-campus publics. Education Required - Bachelor’s degree, Experience Required - Financial Aid Counseling and Administration, Experience Preferred - Some accounting /statistics coursework preferred, but not required.
Direct any questions regarding this position to - Michael Strite, Associate Director of Financial Aid, Messiah University, One University Avenue Suite 3006, Mechanicsburg PA 17055-6805, firstname.lastname@example.org,(717) 691-6007.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.messiah.edu.