Financial Aid Counselor
Allegheny College, a small selective national liberal arts college, invites applications for the position of Financial Aid Counselor. The position is full-time exempt position reporting to the Director of Financial Aid.
The Financial Aid Counselor will assist in the administration of federal, state and institutional student aid programs for a diverse population of undergraduate students. They will provide financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding application procedures and eligibility requirements for student aid programs, and assist students and their families with the completion of application forms.
The Counselor will:
* Produce, review and distribute prospective and current students’ Financial Aid award packages
* Support Financial Aid office and staff by effectively managing visitor traffic, telephone calls, and email communications providing excellent customer service
* Ensure compliance with all federal, state and institutional laws, regulations, and policies
* Collaborate with admission counselors to assist students and families in the financial decision making aspect of the college admission process
* Coordinate aid packaging policies and processes
* Collect and review all necessary information to verify the accuracy of federal applications; including, but not limited to, tax return transcripts, IRS * * Data Retrieval Tool and institutional verification statements
* Oversee specific awarding projects such as Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency Programs, other state grants, student employment, loan processing, verification, and/or vocational rehabilitation awards.
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree required, 0-2 years of financial aid experience, commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and being student-centered. Preferred qualifications and experiences: Strong oral and written communication skills, understanding of state and federal financial aid regulations, exemplar attention to detail and organization skills, previous experience in Colleague
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and provide contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335 or by e-mail to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Allegheny does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org