Associate Director of Financial Aid
The Associate Director will assist in the administration of federal, state and institutional student aid programs for a diverse population of undergraduate students. They will provide financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding application procedures and eligibility requirements for student aid programs, ensure compliance with all federal and state financial aid programs, and assist students and their families with the completion of financial aid forms. They are part of a collaborative team who focus on student success through a lens of equity and inclusion and has a passion for the liberal arts. The position reports to the Director of Financial Aid and is a full-time exempt position. The pay range begins at $44,400 annually.
The Associate will:
- Produce, review and distribute prospective and current students’ Financial Aid award packages
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and institutional laws, regulations, and policies
- Support the Director of Financial Aid with department leadership and mentorship of staff.
- Collaborate with admission counselors to assist students and families in the financial decision making aspect of the college admission process
- Collect and review all necessary information to verify the accuracy of federal applications; including, but not limited to, tax return transcripts, IRS Data
- Retrieval Tool and institutional verification statements
- Oversee specific awarding projects such as Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency Programs, other state grants, student employment, loan processing, and/or verification.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree, 5+ years of financial aid or related experience for associate director, and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as well as being student-centered. Preferred qualifications and experiences include strong oral and written communication skills, bilingual speaking and writing skills, understanding of state and federal financial aid regulations, exemplar attention to detail and organization skills, previous experience in Colleague or other student information system, and previous experience in Slate or other CRM.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and provide contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335 or by e-mail to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org