Financial Aid Services Coordinator-Part Time Position – 7 hours a week, hours are flexible.
The Coordinator of Financial Aid Services is responsible for the administration of all Federal, State, Institutional, and private aid programs. Included among these responsibilities are:
formation of policies and procedures for the awarding of financial assistance, compliance with federal and state regulations essential to the continuation of eligibility to participate in these programs, and reconciliation of all aid programs administered by the Financial Services Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Establishes an annual cost of attendance to be used in the determination of a student’s eligibility for aid;
2. Establishes internal awarding criteria for Federal Campus-Based programs in order to ensure equitable distribution of funding to eligible applicants;
3. Reviews all applications for financial assistance and awards based on established criteria;
4. Processes all eligible Pell Grant aid applications according to prevailing federal regulations in order to ensure the timely disbursement of Pell Grants to the students’ accounts;
5. Certifies state grant recipients’ eligibility in accordance with the applicable state’s regulations;
6. Processes all Federal Direct Loans Awards, Completing Originations and disbursements in Ed Express software;
7. Awards St. Charles Seminary Grants to eligible students on the basis of their diocesan affiliation;
8. Ensures that the combination of all financial assistance received by a student remains within the parameters of that student’s “need” as determined by comparing the cost of attendance to the federally calculated Student Aid Index(SAI)
9. Performs monthly as well as annual reconciliation of funding sources administered by Financial Services Office. Includes the completion of the Fiscal Operations Report and Application and all other required documents;
10. Works with auditors on annual independent Financial Aid Audit;
11. Processes applications on any applicable institutional or private aid programs;
12. In consultation with Office for Institutional Advancement, identifies and solicits
additional sources of funding assistance for student needs;
PASFAA – Financial Aid Services Coordinator
13. Provides information on an annual basis to all diocesan vocation directors and to St. Charles Seminary Admissions Officer; and
14. Provides current information brochures to students explaining availability of financial aid and procedures for application.
St. Charles Borromeo Seminary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE Bachelor's Degree in business and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Resumes may be sent to Jeanne Guerin-Daley at email@example.com. St. Charles Borromeo Seminary will be moving to Lower Gwynedd Township, PA during the summer of 2024.
To apply for this job email your details to Jguerinfirstname.lastname@example.org