Associate Director of Financial Aid
The Associate Director of Financial Aid serves a professional staff position for the Office of Financial Aid in the areas of award determination and packaging, financial aid counseling, and the coordination of University, federal and state financial aid programs.
All Financial Aid team members are expected to contribute to Bucknell’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
1. Counsels students and parents regarding financial aid awarding/packaging, verification, need analysis and financial aid options to assist with educational costs.
2. Evaluates first year and returning student financial aid applications and determines financial aid eligibility.
3. Maintains a working knowledge of the federal electronic processing systems and Ellucian’s Banner System.
4. Works closely with the Office of Global Education in developing cost estimates for students studying abroad.
5. Develops students’ money management skills by assisting students with financial planning.
6. Works closely with the Office of Communications for website enhancements, pod-cast series, and social media posts.
7. Packages loans for graduate students who apply for federal financial aid.
8. Serves as the primary contact for first-year Posse and partnership students.
9. Maintains a high level of cooperation with other campus offices such as Bursar Services, Admissions, Registrar, Academic Deans, Graduate Studies, International Education, Athletics, etc.
10. Monitors and answer emails from the Office of Financial Aid email account.
11. Actively participates in public seminars regarding financial aid, such as Bucknell Open Houses, Financial Aid workshops, high school nights, and professional conferences and workshops.
12. Maintains a superior level of expertise regarding University, federal and state aid programs as well as professional developments in the field of financial aid.
13. Assists and advises the Director of Financial Aid in the overall operation of the office and the overall administration of the financial aid programs.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
Bachelor's degree • At least three to five years of experience in financial aid administration or comparable experience as it relates to the duties of the position • Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple assignments effectively • Solid written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills • Proficient computer skills including but not limited to e-mail correspondence, word-processing, and the ability to learn new technologies • Ability to work independently • Banner skills and experience (or similar higher education/financial aid student information system) Work Type: This is a full-time, 12-month, exempt, benefits eligible position.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bucknell.edu.