Associate Director of Data and Technical Operations
The Associate Director of Data and Technical Operations serves as a professional staff position for the Office of Financial Aid in the area of computer information systems. The Associate Director is responsible for database management and reporting on key financial aid metrics and data to both internal and pertinent external student service areas. The Associate Director must have advanced technical proficiencies as the position is responsible for the accuracy and effectiveness of data entry, data operations, and federal reports.
1. Assess, improve, and maintain the operational and technical aspects of Financial Aid processes, focusing on best practices in technology utilization and limiting manual processes.
2. Manage the operation, configuration, upgrading, testing, and development of the university’s Financial Aid student information system–Ellucian’s Banner, Financial Aid Self Service and myBucknell. Includes budgeting, tracking and packaging rules, multiple Banner Financial Aid regulatory releases and patches annually, analyzing/implementing new functionality, developing and documenting procedures and training staff.
3. Partner with Admissions Information Coordinators to ensure data integrity between the admission CRM Slate and Banner, as well as outside entities for enrollment management analysis.
4. Manage the operation, configuration, upgrading, testing, and development of document management system (Etrieve), report writing tool (Cognos) and the data warehouse.
5. Write and maintain technical documentation for office processes as well as develop and coordinate project plans, communicate changes and progress, and complete projects in a timely manner to assist Director and senior leadership with workflow and process efficiencies.
6. Integrate the technical knowledge of Banner with the functional financial aid knowledge of the end user. Recommend and implement technological solutions to meet office goals.
7. Serve as the office’s Cognos specialist to write/execute various reports to support day-to-day office functions as well as external reporting sources such as IPEDS, Common Data Set, Federal FISAP report, and enrollment and financial surveys.
8. Represent the office on various university committees relating to Information Technology, including but not limited to Banner Team Leaders and Data Analytics.
9. Maintain and operate the office connections with external computer systems, such as the Department of Education’s Federal Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG), federal Common Origination and Disbursement (COD), College Board, etc.
10. Manage financial aid data within the database and data warehouse.
11. Develop and implement timely electronic and printed office communications to students and parents regarding financial aid applications, requirements, notification letters, missing document letters, etc. as well as maintain operational calendar.
12. Responsible for electronically downloading FAFSA and CSS Profile data.
13. Responsible for the federal FAFSA correction process and the matching of “corrected” transactions to the student’s record used in packaging in Banner.
14. Serve as a back-up for electronically downloading and uploading Federal Direct Loan and/or Federal Pell Grant data with the Department of Education.
15. Provide technical staff training and support for the office’s various computer information systems, including new features and modifications resulting from technology upgrades.
16. To act as primary liaison for all aspects of Financial Aid Banner system utilization with Bucknell L&IT staff and subcontractors and Ellucian’s staff, and to maintain strong relationships with university offices such as but not limited to Bursar Services, Finance, Admissions, Registrar, Payroll, Student Employment, Housing, L&IT, and Athletics that share database information regarding financial aid.
17. Serve as the webmaster for the Office of Financial Aid, editing information as needed throughout the academic year.
18. Responsible for verification and packaging of 10% – 20% of student population.
19. Serve as a back-up to counseling students and families on all aspects of the student aid lifecycles.
20. Attend admissions and financial aid related events as needed.
21. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid.
Minimum Qualifications: • Bachelor's degree • At least three to five years of experience in financial aid administration or comparable experience as it relates to the duties of the position • Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple assignments effectively • Solid written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills • Proficient computer skills including but not limited to e-mail correspondence, word-processing, and the ability to learn new technologies • Ability to work independently and analyze data • Proficient with technical skills related to enterprise systems • Ellucian Banner skills and experience (or similar higher education student information system) • Etrieve imaging system skills and experience (or similar higher education document imaging system)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.bucknell.edu.