Assistant Director for Communications and Student Engagement
Working under direction of the Director of Financial Aid, the Assistant Director (AD) of Communications and Student Engagement (SCUPA 2) will lead all efforts for FAS communications internally and externally engaging with students, families and campus constituents. The AD performs a wide variety of tasks and projects supporting communications protocols for Financial Aid Services and will include oversight of our financial literacy program, and all forms of financial communication and outreach.The AD must be knowledgeable of and abide by all the laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines for each of the financial aid programs as set forth by the university, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the federal government, and all other private and public funding sources. Other responsibilities of the job would include:
- Directly responsible for all financial aid communication to students and other campus constituents. Manage federal work study program, Lead for all Campus Logic solutions.
- Establish and supervise a student led financial literacy group and coordinate on-campus programming including FAFSA filing events.
- Create and maintain the financial literacy page of the website. coordinate partnership with PSECU on campus to support financial awareness to all students.
- Supervise and assign customer service staff responsibilities(front line staff); monitor performance, and provide feedback and development opportunities.
- Provide counseling on the financial aid process to both prospective and current students
- Perform outreach activities such as financial aid presentations for college fairs, local high schools, and civic organizations
- Coordinate external communications from the department, which includes all digital (email, website, social media, and text) and printed media.
- Assist with completing verification of FAFSA data and file review within Campus Logic imaging application for selected students.
- Counsel and process aid for students in Study Abroad programs
- Process aid for students with consortium agreements
- Repackage aid as necessary based on completion of the FAFSA verification.
Bachelor's Degree Required Minimum 2 years working in financial aid or related higher education experience Experience with FAMS systems, preferably PeopleSoft, CampusLogic, Slate, FSA systems Familiarity with the FWS (Federal Work Study)program Working with diverse populations and exhibit a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com