Financial Aid Administrator
Financial Aid Administrator
JOB SUMMARY: Manages the financial aid programs according to School policies and Federal and State rules and regulations. Assists in the overall fiscal operation as related to the collection of tuition, fees and financial aid. Manages the registration of students and completes enrollment reporting. Participates in School committees and functions.
1. Administers the federal and state student aid programs according to regulatory requirements.
2. Adheres to the financial aid policies and Department of Education requirements for all students; enrolled and withdrawn.
3. Records student and third party payments to student accounts and posts to the general ledger through the HealthPay 24 System. (Primary responsibility is held by Financial Aid Administrator/Registrar.)
4. Resolves conflicting student information by reviewing tax returns and income documentation of students selected for federal verification.
5. Certifies student and institutional eligibility necessary to secure monies from outside funding sources such as Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA), Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR), and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
6. Reports student enrollment information through the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), Clearinghouse Online Reporting Application (CORA), and as requested by the Title IV loan servicers. (Primary responsibility is held by Financial Aid Administrator/Registrar.)
7. Ensures completion of the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) reports.
8. Attends financial aid conferences, maintains membership in professional organizations, and reads incoming information and incorporates it into the management of financial aid.
9. Interprets and applies federal and state regulations relevant to financial aid procedures to ensure compliance and maintains an updated Financial Aid Policy Manual.
10. Evaluates processes and procedures and implements improvements.
11. Collaborates with the Conemaugh Finance Department in processing the student/school financial accounts.
12. Coordinates the annual Federal Student Aid Compliance Audit and successfully meets the requirements of various financial aid audits. (Primary responsibility is held by Senior Financial Aid Administrator.)
13. Generates student semester invoices and monitors payment status.
14. Assists the Director, Associate Director, and Academic Admissions Coordinator with projects such as the annual graduation/completion rate calculation/disclosure for students.
15. Demonstrates use of the Lean Six Sigma process to engage in program growth and quality.
16. Confirms student academic progress and packages financial aid according to the Department of Education’s regulations and based on student’s determined eligibility.
17. Prepares individual 1098-T Tax Tuition Statements and institution 1096 Annual Summary.
18. Coordinates with the 1889 Foundation to administer the annual scholarship awards and prepares student financial need reports for the awarding of the scholarships.
19. Coordinates internal reconciliation efforts and prepares reports and documentation for reviewing entities such as auditors, program reviewers, and accreditation teams.
20. Assists in the coordination of the Campus Safety and Security Report and compliance efforts.
21. Ensures compliance with Constitution Day and voting information to students.
22. Creates and maintains financial aid information on the schools’ websites.
23. Administers the registration process for students within the academic curriculum plan and serves as a liaison with education vendors and the School for the registration process.
24. Participates in the process of the Systematic Evaluation Plan per accreditation requirements.
25. Is a member of the Admissions & Recruitment Committee.
CHS is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity for applicants and employees and will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran’s status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center School of Nursing and Allied Health
REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business. Competency in typing, filing and maintaining accurate records. Computer competency in use of Microsoft Word, EXCEL, Microsoft Office Suite (EXCEL, Word, Access, Outlook & Power Point). Two years experience requiring typing, creative spreadsheet and form development, record keeping and filing. Experience with fiscal operations. Knowledge of student financial aid.
Link to apply: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/chs#/job/17798
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org