Financial Aid Counselor
Reports to: Financial Aid Director
Department: Student Financial Services
The Financial Aid Counselor is responsible for providing support to all Financial Aid Counselors and Directors to ensure compliance with federal and state student aid. Responsible for the flow of the electronic files for students. Assists the Director(s) with awarding and packaging of three academic programs (1) accelerated program, (2) traditional undergraduate program and (3) graduate program. Provides federal needs analysis, and completes verification. Performs a variety of advanced clerical duties to assist with the financial aid awarding process. Assists with the assessment and processes related to student satisfactory academic progress and PA State Grant eligibility with financial aid extensions for financial aid students.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, this position may involve interaction and collaboration with student accounts, admissions, students, alumni, faculty, and other college constituents. The Counselor must be professional, have strong communication and problem solving skills, and provide processing outputs that are timely and accurate. The Counselor will work collaboratively within a unit devoted to superior student service, financial literacy, and the mission of the College.
The Counselor is also responsible for awarding all aspects of federal, state, and institutional financial aid and maintaining current knowledge of all Title IV regulations.
When necessary, this person may serve as a ‘back-up’ for our office assistant and provide front desk coverage.
· Awards and processes financial aid for a designated population, undergraduate, graduate, and accelerated students
· Verifies student awards in designated population and otherwise audits and completes those files
· Assist students in the notification and completion of missing financial aid requirements and aid acceptance
· Assists in the processing of federal and educational loan applications
· Administration of Pennsylvania State Grant and Special programs
· Remain current with federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations
· Maintain highly sensitive, confidential, accurate, academic and financial information on all student records in accordance with directives from FERPA guidelines
· Coordinate FA information on chc.edu website and myCHC student portal
· Participate in on campus and/or virtual events
· Assist director with creation and maintenance of department reports including Powerfaids, Informaker, and Access reports
· Manage FWS program by verifying student eligibility, employment documents, and timesheets
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
• Excellent customer relations and listening skills; ability to exercise tact and discretion
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Demonstrated time management, organizational, and planning skills
• Use resources effectively and appropriately to avoid and resolve potential issues
• Demonstrated experience delivering accurate and courteous service in a fast-paced and demanding environment
• Must be flexible, a team-player, have cultural sensitivity, and demonstrate initiative
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment and the ability to adapt to changing and competing priorities
• Ability to work within the scope of Title IV and FERPA regulations
• Knowledge of PA State Grant and other special programs
• Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite software as well as knowledge of Powerfaids/Jenzabar/Infomaker
• Ability to educate students and families on their financial and registration records inquiries
• Must be a self-starter with a great degree of internal motivation
Ability to work independently and efficiently
Chestnut Hill College
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Education/Training and Experience Required) Required • Bachelor’s degree • 3+ years’ experience in a student financial aid office • Experience working with complex regulations and policies • Must be in good standing in all Federal Title IV programs • Experience with Powerfaids • Experience administering PA State Grant programs Preferred • Master’s Degree plus three to five years of related work experience • Experience with Jenzabar/Infomaker systems • Experience with Elm
Currently the College is requiring COVID vaccines for all faculty, staff, and students. There will be limited exemptions for medical or religious reasons. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@chc.edu. No phone calls please. Chestnut Hill College has a deep commitment to fostering an inclusive community as a core value. In an effort to support our diverse student body and further the diversity of our faculty and staff, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. To that end, we encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups. Chestnut Hill College takes seriously our stance on and will not tolerate discrimination against any individual grounded on their actual or assumed ethnic background, skin color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, marital status, socioeconomic status, age, veteran status, disability, use of guide or support animals and/or mechanical aids, or any basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Following the requirements contained within Title IX, Chestnut Hill College will not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational program and activity, including employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com