Associate/Assistant Director of Financial Aid
Allegheny College, an innovative national liberal arts college, invites applications for the position of Associate or Assistant Director of Financial Aid.
The Associate/Assistant Director will assist in the administration of federal, state and institutional student aid programs for a diverse population of undergraduate students. They will provide financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding application procedures and eligibility requirements for student aid programs, ensure compliance with all federal and state financial aid programs, and assist students and their families with the completion of financial aid forms. They are part of a collaborative team who focus on student success through a lens of equity and inclusion and has a passion for the liberal arts. The position reports to the Director of Financial Aid and is a full-time exempt position with title will be commiserate with experience.
The Associate/Assistant will:
- Produce, review and distribute prospective and current students’ Financial Aid award packages
- Provide oversight for Veteran’s and US Armed Forces education benefit programs
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and institutional laws, regulations, and policies
- Support the Director of Financial Aid with department leadership and mentorship of staff.
- Collaborate with admission counselors to assist students and families in the financial decision making aspect of the college admission process
- Partner with campus offices such as Class Deans, Athletic Coaches, Student Life, and Faculty to support retention efforts, including the support of emergency grant and other retention funding.
- Collect and review all necessary information to verify the accuracy of federal applications; including, but not limited to, tax return transcripts, IRS Data Retrieval Tool and institutional verification statements
- Oversee specific awarding projects such as Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency Programs, other state grants, student employment, loan processing, and/or verification
- Other duties as assigned
Allegheny College, founded in 1815, is one of the nation’s oldest and most innovative four-year colleges where multidisciplinary learning breaks the conventional mold. It is one of the few colleges in the United States with a unique requirement to choose both a major and minor for graduation, to provide students with a cross-disciplinary path in the sciences and humanities for educational depth and intellectual growth. Located in Meadville, Pennsylvania, Allegheny College is one of 44 colleges featured in Loren Pope’s “Colleges That Change Lives.” In its 2022 rankings, U.S. News & World Report recognized Allegheny College as one of the country’s top 100 national liberal arts colleges — and one of the top 25 best for undergraduate teaching.
Allegheny’s undergraduate residential education prepares students for successful, meaningful lives by promoting students’ intellectual, moral, and social development and encouraging personal and civic responsibility. Allegheny’s faculty and staff combine high academic standards and a commitment to the exchange of knowledge with a supportive approach to learning. Graduates are equipped to think critically and creatively, write clearly, speak persuasively, and meet challenges in a diverse, interconnected world. Allegheny College is deeply committed to creating an inclusive community that actively challenges racism, sexism, heterosexism, religious bigotry, and other forms of bias (see Allegheny College Statement of Community).
Minimum qualifications: - Bachelor’s Degree required - 2-5 years of financial aid or related experience for assistant director - 6+ years of financial aid or related experience for associate director - Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and being student-centered Preferred qualifications and experiences: - Strong oral and written communication skills - Bilingual speaking and writing skills - Understanding of state and federal financial aid regulations - Exemplar attention to detail and organization skills - Previous experience in Colleague or other student information system
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and provide contact information for three references to the Office of Human Resources, Allegheny College, 520 N. Main Street, Meadville, PA 16335 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Allegheny College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Allegheny does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com