Assistant Director of Financial Aid and Federal Processing
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid and Federal Processing will work collaboratively
with the Director of Financial Aid and other staff members to coordinate and administer
all aspects of the Title IV aid process, which includes, but is not limited to, the regular
review of Satisfactory Academic Progress, the coordination and administration
(including reporting and reconciliation) of Pell Grants, SEOG, Direct Loans, Federal
Work-Study, and Return of Title IV (R2T4) funding for withdrawn students. Accurate
completion by deadlines is expected. This position is also the primary Title IV
compliance person who will advise and train others. This will be a full-time, on campus,
• Creates, maintains, and reviews processes to ensure compliance and internal
• Works with Gateway Career Center and the Payroll Department to implement,
process, manage, and reconcile the Federal Work-Study Program.
• Read and interpret any regulatory (electronic and otherwise) documents
provided by Federal Student Aid (FSA), the National Association of Financial
Aid Administrators, and other appropriate regulatory sources.
• Oversee and conduct compliant processing of all federal programs.
• Assist with the Uniform Single Audit (formerly the “A-133”).
• Thoroughly understands federal regulations pertaining to Title IV verification
and provides training/conducts verification of selected FAFSA/ISIR
records. Completes other duties as assigned.
• File Review- Federal and Institutional Need Analysis as assigned
• Highly developed interpersonal, analytic, and problem-solving skills. • Strong communication skills, both oral and written, providing the ability to effectively communicate with multiple internal and external constituents; attention to established English grammar/mechanics necessary. • Thorough and demonstrable knowledge of Title IV regulations concerning financial aid. • Understanding and documented experience with COD, NSLDS, CPS, and other federal sites. • Ensures compliance with federal laws/regulations pertaining to financial aid and provides appropriate training to financial aid staff. • Attend the annual FSA Conference and any other conferences deemed necessary by the director. • Proficiency with PC, Microsoft Office tools, email, and the Internet, with the ability to learn a variety of new technology systems; knowledge of COGNOS; familiarity with Slate and Banner preferred. • Sensitivity to the need of each individual to be treated with dignity and respect as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion. • Bachelor’s Degree Required
Please provide cover letter, resume and contact information for three references. http://apply.interfolio.com/111168
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com