East Stroudsburg University is hiring a Financial Aid Clerical Supervisor! Located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, ESU’s proximity to New York City and Philadelphia provides convenient access to internships, careers and social activities. Just minutes from campus are the country’s largest water parks, scenic Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area, Appalachian Trail, and other opportunities for recreational fun.
As the Financial Aid Clerical Supervisor, you will need to think creatively and be comfortable providing quality customer service and financial education to students and families. You will be an active member of the Financial Aid team and will work closely with the Director to provide student and staff support. You will thrive in this role if you like combining your clerical experience and communication skills while providing document review, phone assistance, and email/mail review. To be successful in this role, you must have the ability to operate in a high-traffic, high-volume environment with the ability to multi-task and prioritize the needs of the position as well as those of the office.
Your normal hours will be Monday to Friday 8 am – 4:30 pm, but you may have to flex your schedule from time to time based on the needs of the business to be a true Clerical Supervisor. When our team shows up for work, they are energized and motivated to succeed – all while being the most crucial piece to keeping the ESU operations humming.
What Will I Do At ESU? (AKA Essential Duties)
- Implement policies and procedures following U.S. Department of Education, FERPA and state and university regulations.
- Serve in a leadership capacity for the clerical support financial aid staff. Provide training and support of clerical staff to assure primary functions and office coverage is performed on a daily basis. This includes assisting with Financial Aid Office onboarding and off-boarding.
- Provide confidential high-level administrative services to Financial Aid Director and staff.This includes customer service, calendar maintenance, overseeing daily office protocols and processing, data entry, inventory, audits, training, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to students, parents, faculty, staff, and other ESU stakeholders in all matters pertaining to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Oversee verification documentation review and processing to ensure documents are complete and accurate before submitting to third-party servicer for processing.
- Assist the Financial Aid Staff with:
- Administration of federal satisfactory academic progress for the university.
- Administration of federal aid awarding such as Pell Grant, Direct Loans, and Federal Work-study.
- Tracking and compiling professional judgments and dependency overrides, unaccompanied youth, homeless, and at risk of homelessness documentation.
- Support as needed for PHEAA Grant and Institutional Aid questions and processing.
- Troubleshooting financial aid issues and communication for students, parents, advisors and staff.
- Providing excellent customer service through the use of the queuing system and correspondence through e-mail, phone calls, and face-to-face interactions with students, parents, faculty, staff, and other university stakeholders.
- Representing the University at orientations, open houses, enrollment workshops, etc.
- Perform related work as required.
East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania
• 1+ years of moderately complex clerical work experience; or any combination of training and/or experience. • Associate’s degree in a business field is preferred. • 1+ years of experience working in enrollment or a financial aid office in higher education preferred. • 2+ years of experience supervising an office of clerical workers, with experience in the higher education industry preferred. • 2+ years of experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Banner preferred. • Strong data analytical skills and organization best practices. • Excellent communication skills. We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our teams. Much like our academic programs, we are proud to foster a workplace that is unique to higher education. As an organization focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring others. And yes, legal made us spell this out… Must be at least 18 years old and be able to read and write English. Employment with ESU is contingent on the selected candidate passing a thorough background check that includes: FBI fingerprinting, PA Child Abuse, and employment. We are proud ESU is an equal-opportunity employer. For more information on President Long's 10-point plan, click here: https://www.esu.edu/president/10-action-plan.cfm
Apply at: https://esu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=6780 Click on Apply Now
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com