Senior Associate Director of Financial Aid
This position is responsible to provide leadership and direction for staff in the daily operations of Financial Aid. The Senior Associate Director will work with the Director to update and develop policies and procedures related to the administration of federal, state, and institutional financial aid awarding, disbursing and reconciling and maintains the functional aspects of the Financial Aid module of the Student Information System, including system setup, implementation, analysis, problem resolution, maintenance, reporting, and regulatory updates.
· Manage the technical and maintain the functional aspects of the Financial Aid module of the Student Information System, including system setup, implementation, analysis, problem resolution, maintenance, reporting, and regulatory updates.
· Build, monitor and maintain the Student Financial Aid System rules and processes. Develop, review and modify procedures and documentation for selected operations in the Financial Aid office, including but not limited to annual calendar and process flow, budgeting, aid adjustments, new aid year start-up, and year-end close-out.
· Collaborate with others in the processing of financial aid applications by coordinating the daily file import and export of electronic files from the Central Processing System (CPS) and Common Origination and Disbursement (COD), facilitating the assignment of students to different packaging groups and reconciling data that may create inconsistencies with the awarding process.
· Responsible for improving efficiencies within all functional areas of Financial Aid by using technology to provide systematic solutions to problems and enhancement of existing processes.
· Works with other departments to develop new protocols to replace existing manual processes and identifies cross functional issues and collaborates with other units to find and develop appropriate solutions.
· Maintain and is responsible for written documentation for system processes and procedures. Provide and present training on new financial aid regulatory updates and initiatives to the Financial Aid staff and other units as needed.
· Possess a working knowledge of integrated student information systems.
Thomas Jefferson University - East Falls Campus
• At least 5 years’ experience in Financial Aid. • Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred. • Significant technical and functional experience with Student Information Systems, preferred knowledge with both Colleague and Banner Financial Aid. • Ability to utilize Federal and State electronic data interfaces and web-based services: COD, CPS, SAIG, Edconnect, EdExpress, NSLDS, as well as ELM online services. • Some nights/weekends may be required. • Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. • Proven ability to interact and work effectively with staff with various skills levels to develop simple, user-friendly, and efficient solutions. • Ability to work collaboratively, establish priorities, and to manage multiple complex and diverse operations and projects simultaneously. Ability to develop reports and processes, compute statistics, analyze data, and make recommendations.
To apply for this job please visit recruit.jefferson.edu.