Financial Aid Counselor
The Financial Aid Counselor is directly responsible for financial aid packaging and processing, prospective and current student advising, and customer service for assigned populations; all efforts are focused on helping students understand options and secure funding in support of their education while maintaining compliance with state, federal, NCAA, and institutional aid regulations.
• Financial Aid Counseling: ensure that all prospective and current students in assigned population(s) understand application procedures and eligibility requirements; work with students to ensure that they exhaust all options for funding their education; provide clear communication on all aspects of the aid process including at new student recruitment events.
• Financial Aid Packaging/Processing: ensure that each individual aid applicant receives a financial aid package that is timely, accurate, and clear; ensure that each individual aid applicant receives expected disbursements of aid.
• Financial Aid Record Maintenance: ensure that each individual’s aid record is updated to reflect the most current information/status of the student.
• Workstudy Program Administration: perform duties associated with the administration of the University’s work study program.
• Regulatory Compliance: ensure work is compliant with all state, federal, NCAA, and institutional regulations as directed by supervisor.
• Key Collaborations: collaborate extensively with academic and administrative colleagues in the aiding of new and continuing students.
• Financial Aid Team Responsibilities: as a member of the Financial Aid team, contribute to efforts related to planning, policy & procedure development, and quality assurance & effectiveness.
• Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
• Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Thomas Jefferson University - East Falls Campus
• Bachelor’s degree required • Previous experience in Financial Aid is preferred • Experience with Student Information Systems, Banner experience preferred • Customer service, communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills • Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a high-volume and ever-changing environment
To apply for this job please visit recruit.jefferson.edu.