Assistant Director of Student Financial Services-Aid
The Assistant Director (AD) of Student Financial Services-Aid plays a significant role in the enrollment operation of Ursinus College. As a crucial leader in the Office of SFS, the AD acts as a significant support for the Director and Associate Director of SFS in strategically implementing a highly efficient, team-based enrollment management model.
- Process all aspects of the Federal Direct and Perkins loan programs, including monitoring the completion of Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Notes as well as preparation and monitoring of the Exit Counseling process
- Monitor and reconcile all federal funds on a monthly basis in collaboration with the Business Office
- Certify and process private alternative loans using ElmSelect
- Administer both Pennsylvania (PHEAA) and non-Pennsylvania state grant programs
- Track and certify all outside scholarships
- Coordinate the student check-in process at move-in with the Office of Residence Life and SFS-Accounts
- Package financial aid awards for both prospective and returning students
- Complete verification of new and returning student financial aid files
- Monitor and resolve ISIR comment codes
- Counsel students and parents on financial aid and basic student account matters
- Assist with review of professional judgement cases and adjust aid package as necessary
- Attend appropriate professional conferences and seminars as approved by the Director of Student Financial Services
- Oversee social media accounts for SFS
- Present financial aid nights and other financial aid presentations in conjunction Admissions, Institute for Student Success (ISS) and Institute for Inclusion and Equity (IIE)
- Participates in the data gathering and coordination for a successful annual financial aid audit
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job responsibilities and activities may be modified or changed at any time with or without notice. Job descriptions will be audited periodically by the Ursinus Human Resources department to ensure they are up-to-date and reflect the essential responsibilities and duties of the job.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of progressively responsible financial aid, higher education, or related experience
• Extensive software expertise in Microsoft Office programs, with preference for candidates with familiarity of Colleague SIS
• An in-depth knowledge of, and passion for, the liberal arts
• Demonstrates commitment to diversity in the workplace and in the student population
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A collaborative and transparent approach to problem-solving
• A desire to join and foster a dynamic, transformative campus culture
• Ability to work nights and weekends on an as-needed basis
Interested candidates should apply through the application - link to apply can be found in the job posting here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database. Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.ursinus.edu.