Assistant Financial Aid Director
The Student Financial Services, Financial Aid Assistant Director provides information on a timely basis to students and families about all of the aid programs and manages the day-to-day operations of the Financial Aid Office. Is responsible for managing, awarding, and disbursing merit and need-based aid to undergraduate and graduate students. Provides aid information and processing on a timely basis with a demonstrated understanding of customer service to students, families and the campus community. Ensures compliance with all laws, rules and regulations. Provides leadership, support and training to staff. Ability to work in a collaborative environment with a ready sense of humor.
- Administers all federal, state, institutional and private aid programs in accordance with current laws, rules and regulations.
- Develops financial aid packaging policies that support the strategic enrollment and retention goals of the college in conjunction with Dean and Vice President of Enrollment.
- Processes financial aid offers on a timely basis, both early estimates for new students and actual awards for continuing students.
- Prepares disbursements for crediting to student accounts.
- Works with student and families with reduced incomes and special circumstances that may impact aid eligibility
- Provides financial aid information to prospective and current students, their families and the community.
- Serves as a Veterans Affairs School Certifying Official processing VA educational benefits and certifying enrollment for veterans and dependents.
- Processes private education loans and completes documentation for external funding sources.
- Supervises the Financial Aid Counselor as well student workers.
- Fosters and models excellent customer service to students, families and the campus community.
•Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of financial aid required •Experience using an automated financial aid system, Ellucian Colleague preferred. •Attention to detail, customer service and a sense of humor helpful. •Competent in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. •Effective oral and written communication
Complete online application https://www.wilson.edu/employment-opportunities and submit resume. Application review will continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.