Director of Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Director (FAD) is responsible for the management and administration of student Financial Aid and its functions, including needs analysis, verification, loan processing and satisfactory academic progress monitoring, preparation of federal and state reports, maintenance of Federal fund budgetary controls and regulatory compliance, and the delivery of funds and services to students. The FAD maintains compliance with all federal, state and local regulations governing student aid programs. The FAD supervises and manages the professional development and performance evaluations of the Assistant Financial Aid Director and any/all Financial Aid support staff. The position performs duties in support of the College’s mission, vision and strategic plan.
Bryn Athyn College is a small, private, coeducational, liberal arts college affiliated with the New Church, a Christian denomination based on the theology of Emanuel Swedenborg. Bryn Athyn serves as an intellectual center for all who desire to engage in higher education enriched, guided, and structured by the study of the Old Testament, New Testament, and theological writings of Emanuel Swedenborg. We seek applicants who are supportive of the College’s mission and values. For information about Bryn Athyn College and its mission, see www.brynathyn.edu.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
· Manages all financial aid processes for awarding student loans, grants, and scholarship packages; administers financial aid, scholarships and student employment programs that support student recruitment and retention.
· Develops student costs of attendance (individual student budgets) including tuition, books, fees, room and board etc.
· Performs need analysis and develops individual student aid packages including monitoring college work-study expenditures and students’ satisfactory academic progress.
· Reconciles student receivable accounts with the bursar/business office and federal and state disbursement records.
· Interprets and applies federal laws and regulations; college policies and regulations; and state regulations relating to the delivery of student financial assistance.
· Develops institutional financial aid policies and procedures in accordance with applicable federal and state regulations to support college goals and objectives;
· Maintains college’s financial aid data to assure timely and accurate submission of required NCAA, federal, state and local reports and calculates refunds/repayments for students who withdraw from school.
· Develops and directs financial aid strategies within the framework of federal and state regulations that are consistent with the enrollment management objectives of the college.
· Supervises the Financial Aid Assistant and counsels prospective and current students regarding financial aid.
· Performs job related duties as assigned.
Bryn Athyn College of the New Church
Criteria & Qualifications A bachelor's degree in business, finance or a related field is required. A relevant master’s degree is preferred. Applicant must have 3 years minimum experience in related field with a broad knowledge of federal/state financial aid programs and recordkeeping requirements and working knowledge of higher education processes and needs analysis. A comprehensive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is required as is an understanding of current best practices and standards of financial aid student billing in higher education is required. Applicant must possess exceptional interpersonal/customer-service skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and a comprehensive knowledge of MS Office products, specifically, MS Excel. Strong working knowledge of aid related systems such as faaacess, Edconnect, Edexpress and PHEAA are necessary. Experience working with VA benefits is helpful but not required.
Application Instructions Qualified candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume, and list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recent applicants need not re-apply at this time. EOE
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com