Director of Financial Aid
Bryn Athyn College (www.brynathyn.edu) is accepting applications for a Director of Financial Aid position. Reporting to the CFO, the Financial Aid Director (FAD) is responsible for the management and administration of student Financial Aid and its functions, including needs analysis, verification, loan processing and satisfactory academic progress monitoring, preparation of federal and state reports, maintenance of Federal fund budgetary controls and regulatory compliance, and the delivery of funds and services to students. The Director maintains compliance with all federal, state and local regulations governing student aid programs. The position performs duties in support of the College’s mission, vision and strategic plan.
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
· Manages all financial aid processes for awarding student loans, grants, and scholarship packages; administers financial aid, scholarships and student employment programs that support student recruitment and retention.
· Develops student costs of attendance (individual student budgets) including tuition, books, fees, room and board etc.
· Performs need analysis and develops individual student aid packages including monitoring college work-study expenditures and students’ satisfactory academic progress.
· Reconciles student receivable accounts with the bursar/business office and federal and state disbursement records.
· Establishes and maintains a personalized, student-centered counseling model that promotes student financial literacy and supports the college’s recruitment and retention strategies.
· Interprets and applies federal laws and regulations; college policies and regulations; and state regulations relating to the delivery of student financial assistance.
· Develops institutional financial aid policies and procedures in accordance with applicable federal and state regulations to support college goals and objectives;
· Maintains college’s financial aid data to assure timely and accurate submission of required NCAA, federal, state and local reports and calculates refunds/repayments for students who withdraw from school.
· Develops and directs financial aid strategies within the framework of federal and state regulations that are consistent with the enrollment management objectives of the college.
· Supervises the Financial Aid Assistant and counsels prospective and current students regarding financial aid.
· Performs job related duties as assigned.
Bryn Athyn College of the New Church
• Bachelor's degree in business, finance or a related field, relevant master’s degree is preferred; • Three years minimum experience in related field with a broad knowledge of federal/state financial aid programs and recordkeeping requirements; • Working knowledge of higher education processes and needs analysis; • Comprehensive understanding of generally accepted accounting principles related to student revenues, financial aid, and governmental or private grants or loans; • Understanding of current best practices and standards of financial aid student billing in higher education; • Exceptional interpersonal/customer-service skills; • Strong written and verbal communication skills; • Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office products, specifically, MS Excel; • Strong working knowledge of aid related systems such as faaacess, Edconnect, Edexpress and PHEAA; and • Experience working with VA benefits is helpful.
Bryn Athyn College is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt–Fennell. Submit applications, which include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv and information for five professional references, via email to: BrynAthyn@Hyatt-Fennell.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. All applications and nominations are considered highly confidential.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org