Financial Aid Processing Specialist – Loans
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Financial Aid Processing Specialist position. The specialist is responsible for providing superior customer service and support to students and families through the application and financial aid awarding process. Support the financial aid administration team by assisting with the management of federal, state, and private loan programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide customer service to students, parents, and the general public regarding financial aid programs, application process, and eligibility requirements.
- Process Direct Loans according to federal financial aid regulations. Monitor the import and export of Direct Loan funds on a daily basis. Review and resolve the COD error and reject Direct Loan reports.
- Utilize NSLDS, COD and applicable Colleague reports to monitor potential student loan overaward situations, annual and lifetime aggregate limits, and changes in enrollment to ensure loan award amounts do not exceed the Direct Loan borrowing limits.
- Monitor Colleague processing to ensure that exit counseling notifications are sent via email to students who have graduated, withdrawn (officially and unofficially) or dropped to less-than-half time as mandated by federal regulations.
- Back-up processor for private student loan certification, import and export to ELM, review and resolution of error reports, release of private loan funds for disbursement, and monthly reconciliation.
Following Governor Wolf’s announcement on March 30, 2020, the selected candidate will work remotely until further notice. As the College re-opens the campuses, the selected candidate will transition to on-campus work.
Montgomery County Community College
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: 1. Education/Training/Work Experience: a. Associate’s degree required with 2 years’ related work experience b. Proficiency in computer skills required c. Excellent communication, both written and oral required 2. Specialized Knowledge & Skills: a. Specialized training in specific software or process may be required b. Customer service skills required c. Analytical and problem-solving skills required d. Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision required 3. Additional Information Required: a. Ability to work with departmental leadership b. Ability to multitask c. Attention to detail d. Ability to maintain confidentiality e. Ability to prioritize workload f. Ability to use considerable discretion/judgment and self-directed decision-making g. Ability to work within a team-oriented setting
Apply online: For the complete job description and to apply for this position, please visit https://www.mc3.edu/employment-opportunities
To apply for this job please visit www.mc3.edu.