Financial Aid Advisor
Reports to and works under the direction of the Associate Director of Financial Aid Services.
The primary role of the Financial Aid Advisor is to assist the Financial Aid Services team with the operation of the Office of Financial Aid Services; including but not limited to activities associated with the institution’s financial aid programs and providing excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Represent the Office of Financial Aid Services and Moravian University in a positive and professional manner by providing an extremely high level of customer service to all current and prospective students and their support systems, as well as fellow institutional faculty and staff members.
- Serves as an information resource to students, potential students, and their families; explains the policies and procedures involved in applying for financial aid.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to department staff including managing and scheduling appointments.
- Manage a caseload of undergraduate students (prospective/current) which includes counseling, daily ISIR and record processing, verification, and C-flag review and processing.
- Responds to emails, phone and in-person financial aid inquiries and appeals, answer questions about requirements, and assist staff with correspondence tracking.
- Counsel undergraduate students and their support systems throughout the financial aid process, discussing matters of financial literacy, affordability, and financing and payment options available.
- Assist students and their support systems with the completion of financial aid application materials.
- Review all submitted application materials and related supporting documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete verification and resolve discrepancies of student’s ISIRs and consult with Assistant Director on any necessary repackaging of students’ Financial Aid Offer based upon changes or corrections.
- Collect information on changes of circumstances/special circumstances from students and their support systems, and consult with the Assistant Directors for processing of appeals and/or professional judgment to provide a decision on additional aid opportunities in a timely fashion.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a list of reputable outside scholarships and resources for students.
- Assist with packaging Financial Aid Offers for undergraduate student populations.
- Create and maintain necessary files, records, and reports.
- Maintain office supply inventory and orders.
- Assist in the management of the financial aid social media accounts.
- Maintain close working relationships with all members of the university.
- Uphold membership to professional financial aid associations and attend financial aid and customer service webinars, meetings, and conferences as needed.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned by the Director and Associate Director of Financial Aid Services.
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED required. A baccalaureate degree is preferred, with 1-2 years of experience in financial aid or a related area (work study experience is acceptable). The position requires attention to detail, genuine commitment to creating a positive student experience for diverse populations, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a dynamic enrollment team. Additional requirements include excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills; demonstrated problem solving ability; and a working knowledge of the financial aid application process and industry practices. Ability to work extended hours and occasional weekends, based on scheduled events and emerging priorities.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should attach their cover letter and resume to the online application by clicking "Apply Now". Please attach documents as a PDF file. https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5420927&B_ID=83&fid=1&Adid=0&ssbgcolor=273A5B&SearchScreenID=8150&CountryID=3&LanguageID=2
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.