Director of Financial Aid Services
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Supervised by the Executive Director of Admissions and Financial Services.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervise the entire Financial Aid staff.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Financial Aid Services is responsible for developing financial aid and financial service strategies that support Moravian College’s enrollment, recruitment and retention goals. The Director of Financial Aid Services is a member of the Enrollment Management Division and reports to the Executive Director of Admission and Financial Services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret and analyze factors concerning local, state and national developments in financial aid; monitor federal and state regulation updates; establish systems and maintain oversight to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and directives.
- Oversee timely review and processing of financial aid applications, needs analysis, awards, and disbursement of funds.
- Develop and implement financial aid packaging strategies to meet enrollment and retention objectives.
- Manage the budget for the financial aid department.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the College’s Financial Aid Office.
- Develop and maintain a team culture that ensures the highest level of customer service to all of the office’s internal and external customers.
- Provide vision, leadership, supervision, and professional development for office staff, and maintain a high degree of contact with Moravian College stakeholders including faculty, administration, institutional research, technology user groups, students, and a wide variety of committees.
- Coordinate all financial aid activity with the Finance, Student Account and Registrar Offices. Develop an infrastructure that supports the delivery of exceptional customer service and student support through interdepartmental collaboration and communication
- Prepare reports and budgets and maintain reliable financial aid data; complete annual and periodic reports as required by federal, state, and institutional offices to secure and maintain participation in various financial aid programs.
- Represent the Financial Aid Office at various recruitment functions, on college committees, for external reviews and visitation, and at professional organizational meetings.
- Manage awards for private and corporate scholarship donations.
- Perform additional job-related duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Admission and Financial Services.
Moravian College (University)
QUALIFICATIONS: A baccalaureate degree, master's preferred, in an appropriate field plus seven years of experience in financial aid administration at a private educational institution. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are necessary to respond to a variety of people. Strong leadership qualities with a proven track record of developing teams. Successful candidate should have a commitment to customer service and have the ability to be a trusted ambassador of division mission and goals.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should attach their cover letter and resume to the online application by clicking here. Please attach documents as a PDF file.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.